The Tema Regional Police Command has arrested a suspect, Dordzi Dzidefo for allegedly robbing and raping a lady on July 13, 2021.
Dordzi Dzidefo, a motorbike operator, is alleged to have robbed and raped a lady on July 13 around 12 midnight at knifepoint after he picked her from Kakasunanka No.1 to Golf City.
According to a Police statement, the suspect has been on the run since July this year but was arrested on November 1, 2021 at his hideout at Kakasunanka No.1 following an intelligence-led operation.
“The Tema Regional Police has arrested suspect Dordzi Dzidefo, who has been on the run since July this year, for alleged robbery and rape committed on July 13, 2021,” the statement said.
“The suspect, who is a motorbike operator, was hired by his victim from Kakasunanka No.1 to Golf City. However, on their return around 12 midnight, the suspect took a different route under the pretext of evading a Police checkpoint but ended up robbing the victim at knifepoint and raping her,” the statement added.
Further investigations conducted by the Police indicated that the suspect cashed out an amount of GH₵247 from the victim’s mobile money wallet, three days after the attack.
“The suspect has been arraigned and holistic investigations are ongoing to establish other crimes that he might have committed and his possible accomplices,” the Police statement indicated.
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- Rastafarian student nearly rejected by Achimota School may represent them at NSMQ
- Lack of transparency and accountability may force us to cut support to School Feeding Programme – World Bank
- Can Gyekye-Quayson lawfully run as an MP in the Assin-North bye-election? (Kwaku Azar writes)
- Nottingham Forest release Andre Ayew
- ‘If NPP can get a consensus candidate, it’ll help us tremendously’ – Hackman
- 1V1D: Government spent averagely ¢670k on each of the ‘dried dams’ – Research
- Newly commissioned Catechist dies during Communion Service at Gowrie
- Man jailed 4 years for leaving fatally injured girlfriend in car
- GBC staff issue one-week ultimatum over cancelled allowances
- Supreme Court ruling will protect the independence of constitutional bodies – Martin Kpebu
- Accord Bawumia constitutional dignity – NPP flagbearer aspirants urged
- Anthrax outbreak: One reported dead, others infected at Binduri
- Chris Hughton is a great guy and we are excited to work under him – Tariq Lamptey
- Ghanaian now Mayor of Royal Borough of Greenwich, UK
- MSport Football Challenge: Road to final 2023
- BECE will not be cancelled – GES Boss
- British Vogue editor Edward Enninful steps down
- Ken Ofori-Atta sues Captain Smart ¢10m for defamation
- Deloitte Ghana’s volunteer day impacts 10,000 students
- Government committed to a swift revival of economy – Ofori-Atta to foreign investors
- Biden says debt ceiling deal averted ‘economic collapse’
- Playback: Newsfile discusses Supreme Court ruling on Domelevo, NPP flagbearer race
- Soo, Wasipe hostilities: Mahama calls for urgent intervention of Overlords of Mamprugu and Gonjaland
- Comfort Yeboah