A 45-year-old farmer who allegedly shot his wife to death has been arrested by the Police at Yeji in the Pru East District of the Bono East Region.
Yaw Muntom, reported and handed himself to the Police after the crime and confessed that “the devil led me to kill my wife”.
The late Abena Jayon, 30, was said to have picked a quarrel with the husband over pocket money to attend a funeral and in the course of the misunderstanding, the suspect shot her at close range, killing her instantly.
They have nine children.
The Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Eric Awiadem, the District Police Commander who confirmed the story to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) said the incident happened around 1500 hours on Saturday, August 20, at Lele, a farming community near Prang in the Pru West District of the region.
The body has since been deposited at the Yeji St. Mathias Catholic Hospital for preservation, while the Police prepared to arraign the suspect before the court.
DSP Awiadem explained the suspect personally reported and handed himself to the Police after the incident, saying the Police led him to his house and discovered a single barrel gun lying behind the body in a pool of blood.
He said the couple had been having misunderstandings for some time now, adding that on that fateful day, the deceased asked the husband to give her money to attend a funeral, but the suspect failed to do so.
“The deceased prepared a meal but she also refused to serve suspect,” DSP Awiadem said, indicating, the suspect was infuriated, picked the gun, and shot her while she was grinding groundnuts in the house.
- Asamoah Gyan’s run, Bagbin’s dance and Black Stars fans’ clean-up as fans celebrate S. Korea win in style
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses Oslo chancery building case against Ghana
- 2022 World Cup: Mohammed Kudus inspires Black Stars to beat South Korea
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- Police arrest 7 gunmen who stormed hospital in attempt to kill teen
- Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa
- Put the military in charge of poultry production – Chamber of Agribusiness to Government
- March on gallantly – Alan Kyerematen commends Black Stars on win against South Korea
- You chased and caught your dreams – Bawumia congratulates Black Stars
- Sarkodie is too big to reply Nasty C – Nigerian Talent Manager
- Jospong Group responds positively to government’s call to boost rice production
- Benedicta Lasi becomes 1st African, 1st woman and youngest Secretary General-elect of Socialist International
- The focus is on Uruguay after beating South Korea – Mohammed Kudus
- MTN Ghana to deactivate over 5.7 million subscribers SIM cards
- Nalerigu Nursing and Midwifery Training College issues disclaimer over fake admission notices
- Camidoh copied my hairstyle – Kay 9ice
- Banks record 17% growth in profit to ¢4.4bn in October 2022
- Court blocks Elon Musk from firing top Twitter executive
- Comoros ex-president sentenced to life in prison for treason
- Monkeypox name changed after racism complaints
- Top benefits of Geldex Forex Training Courses