Treasury bills sale target fell by about 37% despite the recent turnaround in the auctioning of the short term securities.
This is coming few days after ratings agency Fitch reviewed the country’s economic outlook from stable to negative though it maintained its ratings at ‘B’.
Government had targeted about ¢1.17 billion for the sale of the short term securities but was only able to raise a little above ¢735.58 million.
It is unclear whether the cut in the interest yield of the 91-day instrument which is highly patronized by investors, largely banks or the review of the Ghanaian economy from stable to negative by Fitch Ratings is the major contributor to the slump in the sale.
The recent fall in the Bank of Ghana’s Policy Rate to 13.50% was attributed to the investor interest in the T-Bills.
But it appears the investors are adopting a cautious approach in investing in the risk free instruments though lending to the private sector has also not seen any improvement.
According to the auctioning results by the Bank of Ghana, interest cost of the 91-day T-Bills went down by 0.03%, while that of the 6-months bill remain relatively same.
|Securities||Bids Tendered (GH¢)||Bids Accepted (GH¢)||Interest rate|
|91 Day Bill||603.40 million||603.40 million||12.58%|
|182 Day Bill||132.18 million||132.18 million||13.37%|
|Total||735.58 million||735.58 million|
- Cape Coast High Court cancels 2020 Assin North parliamentary election results
- Akufo-Addo sets in motion probe to determine if CJ should be removed from office
- NDC expels Koku Anyidoho
- Supreme Court prohibits Justice Honyenuga from continuing with Opuni’s case
- Assin North MP’s case: Resident insists only Supreme Court can decide what constitutes allegiance
- Neither Nana Asante Bediatuo nor his wife has bought Holiday Inn Hotel – Lawyers
- GRIDCo appoints new CEO
- Pay us $2,000 or we will strike from August 2 – UTAG to government
- Assin North ruling: We’ll contest this travesty of justice – Minority in Parliament
- No docket has been built and presented to AG since murder of Ahmed Suale – Godfred Dame
40-Year-Old slice of Prince Charles and Diana’s wedding cake to be auctioned
SEND Ghana finds discrepancies in Covid-19 expenditure by government
Bob Odenkirk in hospital after collapsing on set of Better Call Saul
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s daughter added to Royal line of succession
GHA officials, agents robbing state of ¢370k daily at 9 axle load weight stations
Naomi Osaka’s early elimination from Tokyo Olympics shocks fans
Our audience are sometimes not sincere with us – Adjetey Anang
5 businesses receive Seed Capital from DTI’s Community Innovation Competition
NPP Central Regional Secretary petitions police CID to investigate Assin North MP for perjury
Workers Union at SDD-UBIDS to embark on strike on August 2
Ruling in Assin North case vindicates NPP’s position – Annoh-Dompreh
Future Gold Resources suspends operations, investigates attacks on personnel at Dumasi mine
Association of Licensed Buying Companies rubbishes claims of non-payment of cocoa farmers
Future Gold Resources opens ‘development talks’ with residents of Dumasi over attacks on workers
Full text: Ruling annulling 2020 Assin North parliamentary election