Two persons have been arrested by the Manhyia Divisional Police command in connection with a fire that gutted the top floor of a market building at Aboabo Station in Kumasi.
These persons include a shop owner and a welder he engaged for repair works in the shop.
Speaking to JoyNews, Commander of the Manhyia Divisional Police revealed that the 2 are currently in police custody assisting with investigations.
The outcome of the investigations will determine what they will be charged with, ACP Kwaku Buah told JoyNews’ Nana Yaw Gyimah
About 30 shops with plastic bags and other highly flammable goods were consumed in Sunday’s inferno.
The scene has since been cordoned off by the Police.
Police and the National Disaster Management Organisation are helping shop owners on the ground floor, whose shops were not affected by the fire to salvage their property.
ACP Kwaku Buah stated that his team is ensuring that people remove their undamaged goods safely from the building, as they are trying to avoid further damage to the building or even a collapse of the building.
The Fire Service has also been at the scene to pick evidence for further investigation into the cause of fire.
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Bonn Climate Change Conference: AGN pushes adaptation measures for women and youth
- Toptech Ghana to provide ISO certified defensive driving course for corporate and VIP drivers
- Persons who invade or attack AngloGold Ashanti will be arrested and prosecuted – Abu Jinapor
- Let’s review the Fertilizer Subsidy Programme-GIRSAL to MoFA
- Engr. ERIC ATTA-SONNO: Is the Ghanaian Media still the Fourth Estate of the Realm?
- GEA, World Bank to support 150 PWD Enterprises with ¢12m to grow their businesses
- 2023 ECOWAS Festival: Queen Mother urges African leaders to use culture as a tool to achieve African unity
- People called me names for trying to extend law school to Kumasi – Kwaku Ansa-Asare
- Disregard reported increase in HIV cases in Ho – Ghana Health Service
- I laid the foundation for lawyers to be licensed in Ghana – Kwaku Ansa-Asare
- World Environment Day: Ghana’s road medians turned spaces for garbage and weedy sand mounds
- Gov’t committed to protecting Anglogold Ashanti’s concessions, curbing illegal activities – Jinapor
- Why Wendy Shay is calling some artistes “thieves”
- Chris Hughton calls up Ransford-Yeboah Königsdörffer to replace injured Inaki Williams