Two persons are in critical condition after a saloon car rammed them against a hairdressing shop at Nkawkaw Domeabra in the Eastern region.
The victims, a yam seller and a Mobile Money vendor, were operating along the road when the Hyundai Elantra saloon car with registration number ER 796-21 crashed them.
According to eyewitnesses, the driver suddenly lost control and veered off the road.
An eyewitness, who narrowly escaped from being hit, told Adom News’ Akwasi Dwamena that he saw the car approaching but he could not alert the victims on time as he feared for his own safety.
Other residents who saw the car approaching, including the owner of the hairdressing shop, took cover in the gutters and nearby shops.
However, the car knocked down the Mobile Money vendor and also rammed the yam seller into a nearby kiosk before screeching to a halt.
It took onlookers great effort to free the victim who was stuck in between the kiosk and the car.
The Mobile Money vendor was unresponsive while the yam seller sustained serious injuries in her legs.
The victims were rushed to the Nkawkaw Holy Family Hospital.
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- If Funny Face and I get back together, you’d just be the fool – Vanessa mocks naysayers
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid