The game against the France U20 squad, according to Black Princesses head coach, Ben Fokuo, will be crucial to the team’s preparations for the FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup to be staged in Costa Rica next month.
As part of analysing their readiness for the competition, Ghana will play the European team while they are in France for final preparations head of the global showpiece.
Ben Fokuo stated that the friendly game on Friday will provide him with a preview of what his squad may face when the World Cup commences.
“Tomorrow’s game is very important because France is a high-level team and we see this match as important as the matches against our opponents in the World Cup. This match is very important as playing this game will give us a clear picture about what to expect in Costa Rica,” Fokuo said as quoted on the website of the Ghana Football Association (GFA).
He added, “We don’t have any serious injury amongst us and hopefully, it remains same after the match. Everyone is fit and putting in their best ahead of the game tomorrow.”
The Black Princesses square off with Les Bleuets on Friday, July 29, 2022 at the Complexe Sportif a Clairefontaire-en- Yvelines at 14:00 GMT.
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Dr. John Kofi Mensah retires as MD of ADB Plc
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, December 1, 2022
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- Honour roadmap for Ofori-Atta’s sacking – Disgruntled NPP MPs tell Akufo-Addo
- Insurance Premiums for all category of policy holders up from today
- You won’t get new loans if you don’t pay existing ones – BoG to consumers
- 2023 Budget: PwC pushes for review of VAT, other policy measures
- ADB’s loan to agric sector hits ¢1bn
- Nigeria to abolish English in junior school
- Mary Afia Kesewaa (Awo Yaa)￼
- DR Congo leader using crisis to delay polls – Kagame
- Kwesi Agyare’s art exhibition attracting patrons and influencing mindsets in the US
- Agriculture sector grew from 7.4 per cent in 2020 to 8.4 per cent in 2021 – Agric Minister
- Nigerian student Aminu Adamu Mohammed accused of defaming Aisha Buhari
- One killed in robbery attack on Bimbilla-Accra road