Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni will on Thursday drive from his rural home to the capital, Kampala, making various stops in major towns.
President Museveni – who won a re-election last week – will make a total of seven stops in his route.
Government Spokesperson Ofwono Opondo detailed the journey in a tweet:
#NewsAlert Tomorrow Thur 21Jan 2021 President @KagutaMuseveni will drive from Rwakitura to. Kampala with stopovers #Lyantonde 12pm #Kyazannga 1pm #Lukaya 2pm #Kayabwe 3pm #Mpigi 4pm #Busega 5pm & #CitySquare 6pm. Media invited. @UgandaMediaCent @nbstv @ubctvuganda @ntvuganda— Ofwono Opondo P’Odel (@OfwonoOpondo) January 20, 2021
The president’s victory lap comes amid calls for the government to lift the house arrest of opposition leader Robert Kyagulanyi, the pop star-turned politician popularly known as Bobi Wine, who has rejected the election results.
The US has called for a probe into allegations of election irregularities by the opposition, which have yet to file a petition.
The opposition’s offices were raided by the military and party officials say the material they were gathering for the petition was confiscated.
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- #FixTheCountry agitators have no leaders – Barker-Vormawor
- Wesley Girls’ SHS ‘no fasting” policy, strictly for health reasons – Old students
- Blunt and Blay: Finding ‘silence’ for Auntie Ohene from uncle Sam’s ‘noise’
- Woman allegedly murders elder sister over a piece of land
- Ghana’s 4x100m men’s relay team set to pitch camp in Europe ahead of Olympics
- Ramadan: UDS Dean of Education condemns Wesley Girls SHS management
- Over 200 police personnel deployed to enforce mining directives across Ghana
- Claims of fasting affecting health unfounded – Islamic Medical Association, Ghana
- Bernard Nyarko’s family visits his grave to mark 1st year of his passing
Madrid Open: Ashleigh Barty beats Paula Badosa to reach final
Asantehene lauds State Housing Company on efforts to reduce housing deficit
U.S. Ambassador launches $19m activity to boost Agriculture Finance in Ghana under Global Food Security Strategy
Sparrow Pictures introduces all new Sparrow Station apps
Collective efforts needed to fight galamsey – Kwadaso MP
Businesses face high operating costs due to fuel price increases, others
Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
GSE gives 4 firms time to submit 2020 financial statements
Ed Sheeran to sponsor Ipswich Town shirts
Harith launches $200m Top-Up Fund
Man Utd trophy will show progress – Fernandes
‘Big step forward’ if Arsenal make final – Arteta
Woman breaks record as she delivers 9 babies at a go
Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa: Earlier generations used our secondary school system to foster unity
CAF postpones FIFA World Cup African qualifiers