An inter-hall fight ensued between the residents of the Commonwealth and John Mensah Sarbah halls of the University of Ghana last night.
Narrating the incident to myjoyonline.com, an eyewitness who pleaded anonymity said residents of Sarbah Hall celebrated ‘Sarbahfest’ on Friday.
As part of the festivities, the residents of the hall went on a procession, what is referred to in local parlance as ‘Jama’.
Somehow, one of them strayed to the Commonwealth Hall, he was beaten up and his phone taken away.
The beaten Viking is said to have returned to his hall of residence to report the incident. His colleagues then followed him to the Commonwealth Hall and a fight ensued.
In the process, a vehicle parked at the Mensah Sarbah Hall car park was set ablaze.
“Besides burning the car, they came to fight, destroyed a lot of things and took away one of statues at the Sarbah Hall,” our source said.
Residents of Commonwealth Hall of the University are otherwise known as Vandals and Sarbah Hall residents are also called Vikings.
Reports say it took the timely intervention of the Police to quell the riot.
- Entrance exam saga: Your desire to be a lawyer doesn’t mean you have to become one – GBA President
- Organisers of ‘Aduru wo so’ walk caution Nana B against suspending Alan Kyerematen
- U20 Women’s World Cup: Ghana play Japan today in likely do-or-die mission
- Labianca case: GRA dissociates itself from Col. Damoah’s comments against Special Prosecutor
- List of Special Prosecutor’s ongoing investigations into alleged corruption
- Former Ashanti Regional Minister, Samuel Nuamah is dead
- GLC barring re-marking justified, argument against directive only emotional – GBA President
- Adorye’s statement is a mockery; we must condemn it – Farouk Aliu Mahama
- NPP flagbearership race: ‘The grassroots are yearning for Alan Kyerematen’ – Hopeson Adorye
- Sam George and wife renew vows after 10 years of marriage
FC Samartex set to sign Gabriel Bonnah on two-year deal
Kotoko beat Panthers FC in pre-season freindly
Pharm.D house officers to halt housemanship on August 29 over clearance delays, salaries
This electricity tarrif is for hairdressers and vulcanisers – PURC boss on 27.15% increment
Sack Ofori-Atta, Agyemang Manu, Afriyie-Akoto – Kufuor Foundation CEO tells Akufo-Addo
Labianca case: ‘We’ll deal with anyone found culpable’ – GRA
Reduce number of ministers to 40 and save ¢6bn each year – IMANI Africa to government
Full text: Utility tariff increments announced by PURC
Free SHS: ‘Allow parents who are capable of paying to do so’ – Presbyterian Church to government
ECG begins repair works on transformers in Yilo and Manya Krobo municipalities
Electricity, water tariffs increased by 27.15%, 21.55% respectively; effective September 1
We’re committed to making Ghana safer – IGP reiterates as he receives new motorbikes
Let’s meet on stage – Mummy Dolarz challenges Big Ivy
Afrochella co-founder steps down following sexual harassment allegations
Cedi loses about ¢3.15 to dollar so far in 2022