The Volta River Authority (VRA) has warned of a possible controlled spillage from the Akosombo and Kpong Dams.
The Authority in a statement on Tuesday said it has observed a consistent high rise in the Akosombo reservoir elevations over the past few weeks. It said if the rise continues, it could result in a controlled spillage from November 1 to maintain the integrity of the Dam.
According to VRA, the elevation of the reservoir is 273.70 feet as of October 25 and it is expected to reach its maximum operational level of 276 feet in the next eleven days.
“We will continue to monitor and review the inflow situation,” VRA said in its statement.
- GRA descends on Melcom over issuance of fake electronic VAT invoices
- Father and daughter die in a gory accident at Ejisu-Onwe
- 12 persons arrested for involvement in robbery, murder cases
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Akufo-Addo assigns Employment Minister additional responsibility for pensions
- Bodies of 10 civilians allegedly killed by soldiers released to families for burial
- ‘I am a fixer, not a talker’ – Dr Osei Adutwum tells critics
- Fantana mourns soulmate’s death
- Women have been misled about menopause
- Ghana’s School of Shame: My statement was ‘photoshopped’ – Dr Adutwum
- How to let your personal values lead when looking for love
- New approach to textbook procurement caused delay – Education Minister concedes
- ‘I reach a wider audience when my interviews are done in the Twi language’ – ZionFelix
- GoldFields, Kosmos dispute tax bills imposed by GRA
- PAC laments forgery, willful backdating of receipts by some state institutions
- King Charles will not appear on new Australia $5 note
- “It should not take IMF to direct government not to borrow from BoG” – IEA Research Director
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- Joy Entertainment Unpacking: FIPAG President’s apology letter on behalf of Yaw Dabo
- No Pensions Ministry has been created – Employment and Labour Ministry
- Tommy Liang: Boosting career readiness of Ghanaian youth in ICT
- Chiana-Paga constituents believe Francis Abirigo is the biblical Moses of the constituency
- Accra Marine Drive Project engages Parliamentary Select C’tte on Trade, Industry and Tourism
- Uganda murder charges after fight between Arsenal and Manchester City fans
- Cedi continues stability against dollar; $1 equals ¢12.60