Kwasi Adu, who is the Chief Executive Officer of Bibiani Goldstars, has responded to the match-fixing claims levelled against his club by deputy AshantiGold CEO, Albert Commey.
Commey alleged four games in the Ghana Premier League were fixed on the final day of the 2021/22 season in order to ensure the survival of several relegation-threatened clubs in the league, while also citing there was a manipulation in the game between Bibiani Gold Stars and AshGold.
In an interview with Space FM, the former Executive Council member of the Ghana Football Association said games between Hearts of Oak and Real Tamale United, Eleven Wonders and Aduana Stars, and the match between King Faisal and Legon Cities were the other games to be fixed.
In response to Commey’s charges, Adu dismissed them as a joke and challenged the former Aduana Stars executive to present evidence for his claims.
“He [Albert Commey] is a joker… How can he involve Goldstars in such baseless allegations, we don’t fix matches here. He is a good friend and a brother but his comment was infantry. I was never expecting his calibre to make such allegations”, Kwasi Adu said on Wontumi Radio/TV.
“Yaw Annor played extraordinarily and scored two beautiful goals same as ours and has nothing to do with match-fixing… I don’t engage in such funny jokes.”
“We are expecting the Ethics Committee to invite him for interrogations.. It’s possible we may take him on for this distasteful comment,” Adu added when quizzed about Gold Stars taking legal actions against Commey.
The GFA has invited Ashanti Gold Deputy CEO Albert Commey to assist in investigations into his allegations.
- It’s wrong to think traditional dances are for uneducated people – Terry Bright Ofosu
- Ofori-Atta lauds giant step towards achieving climate prosperity
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Ama Governor opens up for the time since being reconsidered for the Bar
- BoG keeps policy rate unchanged at 30%
- Dr Norvishie Arkutu: Dealing with dental anxiety in oral health delivery
- There are lack of teachers, books for arts education in basic schools – Terry Bright Ofosu
- Nana Kwasi Gyan-Apenteng: Letter to European Commission President on Migrant Crisis
- Buildings demolition: Drobo chief accuses Japekrom Traditional Council, MUSEC of complicity
- COVID-19: Ghanaians urged to take vaccination exercise seriously
- Bill to remove 15% sanitary pad tax introduced
- Alan Kyerematen to speak on his political future today
- Raymond Acquah: Ada Radio’s Noah Dameh, a true hero of our time
- Total Mobile Money transactions hit ¢1.190trn in eight months of 2023 – BoG
- Entries open for 10th edition of Ghana CSR Excellence Awards
- You are a role model; you have transformed Ghana Airports Company – Deputy Transport Minister to MD