Inter Allies have asked the Appeal Committee to reverse the verdict of the Ghana Football Association’s disciplinary committee to demote the club to Division Two following their involvement in a match-fixing scandal.
Inter Allies, who suffered relegation to Division One League last season were found guilty of being involved in match-fixing in their game against AshantiGold last season in a matchday 34 fixture.
The club on Wednesday, May 18, appealed the GFA’s verdict as they feel they have been given a raw deal.
Speaking to JoySports, lawyer for the Tampico lads, Felix Nana Osei, revealed the rationale behind the club’s decision to appeal the decision.
“It is the contention of the club that the evidence that adduced or heard during the whole proceedings of the disciplinary committee was not that substantial enough to pin the club down per the charges that were levelled against us,” he said.
“The basis of our appeal is that we want a complete reversal of the verdict that was handed against us.”
Asked about Emmanuel Nii Amoah, who was captured in the verdict by the GFA, Osei added, “ Emmanuel Nii Amoah used to be with the club as far back as the 2014/15 season. He was the logistics officer of the club.”
He also added that the man in question resigned from his position in the club after being enstooled as a chief.
- Is IMANI now dictating to us how to run a country? – Gabby Otchere-Darko fumes
- SOEs who fail to present audited financial accounts to be sanctioned – Bawumia
- Ghanaians will soon praise us for going to IMF – Dr Afriyie Akoto
- As it happened: Kotoko dominates as Djiku wins Player of the Year award at Ghana Football Awards
- Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
- Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
- Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
- 2022 Ghana Football Awards: Sadio Mane wins Best African International
- Food is expensive but there can never be food shortage – Agric Minister
- Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
Ghanaians swarm IMF on Facebook to campaign against Akufo-Addo’s bailout request
AGI CEO worried over scarcity of market-ready graduates
Livestream: The Law discusses justice delivery speediness
Throw out Deloitte’s factually deficient claims – Dram Oil to High Court
‘Mahama stuck by Seth Terkper’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko defends Ofori-Atta amid resignation calls
2022 Ghana Football Awards: Full list of winners
Some have made it their life mission to frustrate me – Barker-Vormawor
Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
IMF bailout will take pressure off Akufo-Addo to focus on positive things – Gabby Otchere-Darko
Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
Amanda Ofori is out with a new single titled ‘Abba’
Adele: Emotion and simplicity are enough at comeback Hyde Park gig
Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
Manchester United: Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave club this summer