The management of Marwako Fast Food Limited says it has settled the medical bills of some of its customers who suffered from food poisoning after eating from one of its branches.
This was disclosed by the Public Relations Officer of the restaurant, Amin Lamptey.
In an interview with the media after the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) closed down the East Legon and Abelenkpe branches on Thursday, Mr. Lamptey apologised to the victims and the general public.
He assured that the Management will continue to ensure affected customers are treated of their ailments.
“We visited some of our customers at the hospital and those who were discharged, we visited them at home. We assisted some of them with their hospital bills.
“The main thing started on Saturday and Sunday evening. We have accepted everything, and we have apologised to the victims.”
Marwako, a fast-food eatery in Accra, has been trending on Twitter after several Twitter users complained of having been served with contaminated food resulting in food poisoning.
The complaints were triggered by one Edward Elohim, who posted about his illness after eating at Marwako last Saturday.
Marwako @Marwakofastfood gave me and many others in this hospital the worst food poisoning ever.— Edward Elohim (@deezydothis) May 11, 2022
Subsequently, the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) closed down the East Legon and Abelenkpe branches of the restaurant.
“The FDA has taken notice of complaints from the public about the suspected food poisoning at the East Legon Branch of Marwarko Restaurant.
“We have closed down the restaurant and, together with other relevant agencies, started investigations”, the tweet said.
The FDA has taken notice of complaints from the public about the suspected food poisoning at the East Legon Branch of Marwarko Restaurant. We have closed down the restaurant and together with other relevant agencies, started investigations.— FDAGhana (@fdaghana) May 12, 2022
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback