The Public Accounts Committee (PAC) on Monday, April 25, directed the prosecution of the Wenchi Senior High School in the Bono Region for breaching the Public Procurement Act.
The school was indicted in the 2018 Auditor-General’s Report for the non-competitive procurement of goods and services.
Accordingly, Twumasi Ampofo, the Headmaster, and Joseph Awuah, the Accountant are expected to represent the school in Court.
At its sitting in Sunyani, PAC found the school was culpable for issuing 12 Payment Vouchers amounting to ¢25,546.25, a breach of the PPA Act 2016 (Act914) as amended.
The Chairman of the Committee, Mr James Avedzi, indicated the indictment as contained in the AG’s Report was a breach of section 92 of the procurement Act.
He said if the school was arraigned, the Court would determine those culpable for prosecution.
The Committee also ordered Mr Paul Nsiade, the former Headmaster of the Menji SHS in the Tain District of the Region to submit documentation covering the expenditure of ¢15,394 with immediate effect.
Though Mr Nsiade was not at the hearing, Mr Joseph Arhin, the current Headmaster of the School could not provide any documentation to account for the spending.
Mr Avedzi asked the Auditor-General to ensure payment into the government chest by the former headmaster if he failed to provide the documents to justify that expenditure.
The PAC has commenced sittings in Sunyani, the Bono Regional capital, and members of the Committee are considering the 2018 Auditor-General’s Report for some Polytechnics in its six-day sitting.
It would also consider the Auditor-General’s Report on the management and utilization of the District Assemblies Common Fund (DACF) and the Internally Generated Funds (IGFs) for the same period.
Witnesses were drawn from the Kumasi Technical University and Sunyani Technical University as well as some pre-university educational institutions in Bono, Bono East, Ahafo, and Ashanti Regions.
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- How to let go of a married man, even if you still love him
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses appeal against Ghana in Oslo chancery building case
- Otto Addo picks Germany as favourite to win World Cup
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- 2022 World Cup: Otto Addo wary of Son Heung-min threat ahead of South Korea clash
- 2022 World Cup: ‘We will see a passionate Black Stars against South Korea – Otto Addo
- Playback: The Probe discuss Ghana’s gold-for-oil barter
- Qatar 2022: Mixed reactions from football lovers as Ghana clash with South Korea
- ADB appoints Yakubu-Tali as new MD of ADB
- Mahama, Asiedu Nketia, other NDC gurus mourn with Ofosu-Ampofo
- 2022 World Cup: Jordan, Gideon Mensah start as Otto Addo makes three changes for South Korea clash
- Policy rate hits 27%; loans to become more expensive
- Absa Bank adjudged Best Company in STEM Education
- 4 dead in Somalia hotel siege
- Interior Ministry declares Friday as a public holiday
- Government records oversubscription of T-bills sale for second week running
- UBA Ghana equips SMEs to maximise business growth
- UPSA Law School Diplomatic Dialogue Series comes off on Nov. 30
- Africa needs new strategic framework for industrialisation – Alan Kyerematen
- Ghanaian plastic surgeon awarded US President’s Volunteer Service Award
- 2022 World Cup: Black Stars enjoy morning walk ahead of South Korea clash
- YEA partners with Prisons Service to recruit 2000 personnel as Prison Office Assistants