An engineer from the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) has indicated that electrical power supply to any household can only be carried out based on the availability of an inspection certificate issued by the Energy Commission.
According to Ing. Felix Afagloh, the inspection certificate is proof that the building has been inspected by an Energy Commission inspector thus ready to be examined by the ECG.
He stressed on the fact that per law, without that document, the premises would not be inspected and thus would be declined access to power supply.
“The applicant. The prospective customer will submit a certified test result from an Energy Commission inspector contractor showing that, yes they have inspected, certified the installation. So based on that document, ECG can now go-ahead to do a visual inspection and give an estimate to the prospective customer.”
Speaking on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show, Thursday, Mr. Afagloh stressed that ECG only does visual inspection of the facility.
“ECG has no mandate to test your installation before connection. The inspectors of Energy Commission are supposed to test and certify that everything is safe. So ECG will only go and do visual inspection and give you an estimate. And when you pay, then we connect the power supply to your place.”
With a series of fires gutting buildings and public spaces, Mr Afagloh noted that such buildings have illegal connections, thus have not been certified by the ECG.
“That means somebody has illegally tapped the power. That’s why when we see the illegal connection, we disconnect them,” he explained.
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- Robbers make away with over ¢100k in alleged bullion van attack
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- Pastor whose prophecy triggered Shatta Wale’s fake shooting fiasco arrested
- Funny Face arrested after threatening to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Why Samini thinks IGP won’t be laughing at Shatta Wale’s expensive joke
- Akufo-Addo’s denial of promise to build harbour in Cape Coast is shocking – Abeiku Adams
- Tiwa Savage reacts to alleged sex tape
- CAGD backtracks on ‘No Ghana Card, No Salary’ directive to public sector workers
- Soldiers demanded ¢50k to embark on coup – Witness
World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia’s Bahir Dar stadium banned, Walyas could play Black Stars on neutral ground
AWCON Qualifiers: Black Queens aim for fancied Nigeria upset
Salah scores twice as Liverpool beat 10-man Atletico
Messi brace inspires PSG comeback victory over Leipzig
Man City brush aside Club Brugge in emphatic victory
Put Shatta Wale and publisher before court for alleged fake gun attack – ASEPA petitions CID
Two arrested for circulating false information in connection with alleged gunshot attack on Shatta Wale
30 companies and 4 individuals honoured at 2021 Customer’s Choice
Shatta Wale arrested over hoax shooting incident
Playback: PM Express discusses demand for MMDCEs election re-run
KATH Psychiatry Unit launches caregiver support group for children with special needs
MP for Tamale Central reaffirms Minority’s commitment to pass anti-LGBTQI+ bill, Asks Akufo-Addo to make stance clear
NSMQ 2021: St Thomas Aquinas, Mfantsipim, Aggrey Memorial, Bolgatanga SHS and others to contest in prelims
Transgender is a mental health condition – Expert
Shatta Wale could be charged for publication of false information – Justice Abdulai