A trader at the Dr. Mensah market in Kumasi was killed in a gruesome motor accident on Thursday morning.
The 51-year-old cabbage vendor, known as Akua Serwaa, was crushed to death when a truck ran into pedestrians at the market.
The long vehicle was loaded with second-hand clothing.
An eyewitness reported that the driver of the truck, with the registration GT 7452-11, had lost control of the wheels, possibly due to brake failure.
The truck ran over the woman, who traded along the roadside, after crashing into a parked taxi cab.
The mutilated body of the deceased, a resident of Antoa in the Kwabre East District, has been deposited at the morgue of Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo