Ghana’s new 200m record holder, James Dadzie is eyeing securing a 100m berth at Budapest, for the World Athletics Championships.
Dadzie qualified for the 200m event with a world leading 19.79 seconds run at the Corky/Crofoot shootout.
Despite his excitement, Dadzie told JoySports he ‘did not believe’ he had really posted the time – after beating up and coming sensation, Issam Asinga – which saw him become the third fastest collegiate athlete over 200m.
He’s also moved up to number five, from 39, in Africa’s top times in the event. But Dadzie has not hinted at any signs of relaxing, as he is now targeting earning himself a 100m qualification as well.
“Everything is possible. When we get to the track, we will do what we do at practice, that is all,” Dadzie said.
But the story will have been different for Dadzie, who actually run under 10 seconds, minutes before his 200m record run.
The 21-year-old West Texas College sprinter posted 9.98 seconds in the 100m event at the Corky/Crofoot shootout.
However, a wind reading of 3.2 left the the former University of Ghana athlete deflated, and having to go again for a 100m spot in Budapest.
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo