A 26-year-old Immigration Officer, Michael Otu has been shot dead by some unknown assailants in the border town of Hamile in the Upper West Region.
On night duty along the Ghana-Burkina Faso border, Mr Otu was shot at Kokoligu, a village between Nandom and Hamile.
It is unclear what led to the shooting but speaking to JoyNews, family of the deceased said they only heard the sad news on social media and from colleagues of the late officer.
The family has since been left devastated and consumed by grief and uncontrollable emotions.
JoyNews’ Correspondent, Walanyo who spoke to the family confirmed the incident.
He said although the family is yet to be informed officially by the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS), the news about the purported death of Michael has left them in grief and sorrow.
He noted that the elder brother of the Officer, Richard Otu expressed worry over the information reaching the family.
Mr Michael Otu, the last of four children, joined the Ghana Immigration Service in 2016 and he is married with one child.
Micheal Otu was with the Hamile detachment in Operation Conquered Fist under the Ghana Immigration Service.
The Ghana Immigration Service is yet to visit the family and confirm the incident.
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Tullow Oil challenges GRA over $300m tax imposition
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- NDC national executives to meet Minority Caucus over reshuffle
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Mahama speaks on Africa’s strategic priorities at Chatham House
- Pusiga celebrates late philanthropist’s 67 years changing lives
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- National Labour Commission directs CETAG to call off strike
- Pope Francis appoints Rev Fr Samuel Nkuah-Boateng as Bishop of Wiawso Diocese
- Court threatens to strike out case against Agradaa
- Asiedu Nketia leads party delegation to attend Mahama-led lecture in UK
- George Ferguson Laing: Why the looming water crisis may be a glimmer of hope for climate awareness
- Change in Minority Leadership: Rescind decision – Dr Amoako Baah tells NDC national executive
- The Story of Prophet Elisha: Case Study of Apprenticeship for Ghana – Part Two
- Elon Musk denies Twitter use hurts Tesla as sales soar
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Africa Business Dialogues: Bawumia proposes focus on 3 broad areas for AfCFTA success
- Playback: PM Express Business edition discuss Debt Exchange Programme with Alhassan Andani