Ghana will from April 16 to 18 host the biggest exhibition of stationery merchandise on the African continent dubbed ‘the School and Office Expo’ (Scofex 2019) in Accra.
The choice of Ghana as the host of the event is significant as the event brings under one umbrella some of the biggest names in the world of stationery and thus presents a huge boost to the country’s drive to attract quality products into its market.
One key objective of the expo, according to organizers, is to avail to Ghanaians, especially stakeholders in the educational sector, top quality stationery products and this syncs perfectly into the renewed commitment and emphasis on quality in the educational sector by the Ghanaian government.
With global exhibitors from over 15 countries supported by about 50 hosted buyers, the School and Office Expo 2019 is expected to attract more than 1000 visitors from across the West African sub-region all interested in the vast selection of stationery products, ranging from all kinds of paper products, different writing tools and anything else one can think of in the area of stationery and office supplies.
Josiah Spio-Garbrah, the Managing Director of Sekocom, the local partner of Maxton Global Ltd., the organizer of SCOFEX 2019, believes the choice of Ghana to host SCOFEX is important as the event casts a positive spotlight on the country as a business-friendly country and as government makes quality education the centerpiece of its development agenda.
He said, “Quality education as being promoted by government requires quality inputs by way of stationery to help achieve the intended objective.”
“SCOFEX, without a doubt, will present some of the highest quality stationery inputs from around the world on a single platform thus availing these products to the Ghanaian public” he adds.
SCOFEX will be an amazing opportunity for retailers and buyers from other African countries to start networking and hence advance the stationery product business in Ghana. It will also bring world-class brands such as Nataraj and BIC-CELLO from India, CENTRUM from Germany, DELI of UAE, JayKay Group and TPE from Malaysia as well as PILOT from Japan. Other brands include ARMSTRONG from Thailand and GAEA of China.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked
- Name those you accuse – Dr. Akwetey tells 'undermined' Special Prosecutor
- Tiger fleeing floodwaters breaks into home, relaxes in bed
- Residents chase out police for bringing back alleged witches
- Video: Baako explains why police disobeyed court order on Afoko bail
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists