The Biblical "spare the rod and spoil the child," seems to be playing out in the Asante Kingdom where the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has destooled two chiefs in less than one week.
Just days after Asafohene and Head of the Akwamu Division, Akyamfuo Kwame Akowuah, was ousted for breaching the Great Oath of Asanteman, another has received the marching orders.
Chief of Ahenkro, near Offinso, Nana Ahenkro Sei Ababio III, has been sanctioned for showing disrespect to the King by defying orders barring chiefs from taking all chieftaincy and land disputes to the courts.
He is also accused of arrogating to himself an "overlord" status.
Akyamfuo Kwame Akowua was destooled last week by the Asantehene
The Asantehene who spoke through his linguist, Baffuor Osei Kwame Kantankrankyi, said Ahenkro Sei should blame his insubordination and disrespect for his predicament.
Having been enstooled in 1999, just about the time Otumfuo ascended the Golden Stool, Ahenkrohene’s reign ended at a traditional council meeting at the Manhyia Palace on Monday, 24 June 2019, when Otumfuo delivered his judgement.
It would be recalled Asafohene was found guilty of the illegal sale of land, and about 40 other charges brought against him by his elders.
On ascending the Golden Stool as the 16th Asantehene, Otumfuo’s early initiatives included an order to withdraw all chieftaincy disputes pending in court for settlement through the traditional and customary structures.
It spontaneously earned him the accolade King Solomon, in reminiscence of the Biblical wise King Solomon.
Otumfuo’s stance has perhaps been more than enough warning to his chiefs he means business and would not spare errant chiefs.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- LEKMA road finally gets new contractor
- Deeper Life tackles immorality with campus congress
- Report wives who wear jeans to bed - DOVVSU
- You can pay to cuddle cows at this New York farm
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked
- Name those you accuse – Dr. Akwetey tells 'undermined' Special Prosecutor
- Tiger fleeing floodwaters breaks into home, relaxes in bed
- Residents chase out police for bringing back alleged witches
- Video: Baako explains why police disobeyed court order on Afoko bail
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage