Former Member of Parliament for Ayawaso West Wuogon, Frema Osei-Opare has been tipped for the Chief of Staff position of the incoming President, Joy News has gathered.
Sources close to the incoming government have revealed the 60-year-old former legislator would lead Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s backroom staff.
She would be assisted by Development Planner, Francis Asenso-Boakye, 39, who has been with the President-elect for several years.
Long serving Aide of Nana Akufo-Addo, Abu Jinapor has also been pencilled to assist the former legislator as a Deputy Chief of Staff.
Speculations about who would be appointed as cabinet members of the incoming New Patriotic Party (NPP) government are rife with five days to the official inauguration of the President-elect.
Several lists have made the rounds especially on social media. Sections of Ghanaians have urged an early release of the list of Ministers, but the incoming government has called for patience.
Nana Akufo-Addo has been putting out some people he has appointed to head some ministerial positions pending approval from the seventh Parliament which comes into being on January 7.
Addressing business leaders at a programme organised by the Private Enterprise Foundation (PEF) in Accra in December, the President-elect announced the appointment of Alan Kyerematen as the incoming Trade and Industry Minister.
On January 1, he again told attendees of Apostle Dr Kwadwo Sarfo technology exhibition that former Head of Korle Bu Cardiothoracic Center, Professor Frimpong Boateng would be his Environment, Science and Technology Minister.
Other checks by Joy News also revealed outstanding NPP lawyer, Nana Asante Bediatuo would help in the organisation of the incoming President's table as the Executive Secretary.
Current Press Secretary to the President-elect, Eugene Arhin is likely to be named the Communications Director at the office of the Presidency.
The sources disclosed the list containing all the backroom staff would be made available to the public before the formal swearing-in on Saturday.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Parliament postpones stakeholder engagement on Vigilante Bill
- 'I've never been against free SHS' – Mahama to Bawumia
- 'He is an Esau!'- NDC castigates Akufo-Addo for 'betraying' galamsey fight
- Politicians are like prostitutes claiming to be virgins – Man goes wild at business summit
- Mahama presents over 20 vehicles to NDC
- Hot Audio: Even without free SHS you couldn't deliver – Bawumia to Mahama
- Free SHS has been good for North, will be good for all of Ghana – Bawumia
- Asantehene shows gratitude for support over 2 decades
- Otumfuo@20: Lady Julia's love message to Asantehene
- Take out party elements from galamsey fight - Baako advises Akufo-Addo
- Osafo-Maafo must apologise for ‘avoidable gaffe’ – Baako
- Akufo-Addo must fire Snr. Minister for exposing Ghana to global ridicule - Former Minister
- Release MASLOC vehicles to GPRTU drivers – Mahama to gov’t
- Senior Minister’s Office clarifies controversial Aisha Huang comments
- Osafo-Maafo's comment fatal blow to galamsey fight - Ken Ashigbey