An 18-year-old Kronum resident has been discovered dead following a fire outbreak in the Ashanti Region’s Afigya Kwabre South District.
According to reports, the 18-year-old attempted to save his father’s apartment during a ravaging fire on Saturday.
The residents earlier raised fears he may have been trapped in the inferno following his attempt to use an extinguisher to salvage the property.
Firefighters who returned to the scene of the incident to control the inferno found the body of the 18-year-old in the rubble.
“The fire crew on the ground just confirmed that the remains of the 18-year-old who was struck in the fire has been retrieved,” a source told JoyNews.
The fire which started around 2:00 pm extended to at least six houses, destroying more than 50 apartments.
The fire also completely destroyed a 10-bedroom structures.
The Ashanti Regional PRO for the Fire Service, D03 Peter Addai confirmed to JoyNews that the fire started within a plastic recycling plant in the facility.
“Little information we picked from the ground from the brother of the owner of the facility suggests that the fire started within the facility,” he said.
According to him, reports indicate that the owner of the factory suffered minor injuries, adding that he is currently at the hospital for treatment.
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- WHO alert over India-made cough syrups after deaths in The Gambia
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Former Arsenal star Emmanuel Petit calls for Thomas Partey backup in January
- Bawumia has been a disaster as head of economic management team – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
- People like our union – Shatta Wale on why he requested to collaborate with Michy
- Qatar 2022: Ghana vs Uruguay not a ‘revenge’ game – Andre Ayew
- Malta Guinness WPL: Ridge City take on Essiam Socrates; Pearlpia face Prisons Ladies on Day 1
- I think Black Sherif is Bob Marley reincarnate – Sonnie Badu
- Prudential Bank leads conversation on Pan-African Payment and Settlement System
- Midweek performance wrap of Ghanaian players in Europe
- Exhibit customer-centric services in your daily operations – British Council to organisations
- Government consciously shielding main culprit in Bulgarian Embassy demolition – Ablakwa
- ‘I’m fed up’ – aspiring NDC chairman backs calls to oust incumbent Ofosu Ampofo, Asiedu Nketia
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- #BigBrotherNaija records over 19m tweets by fans￼
- Uganda president apologises for son’s tweets on invading Kenya
- Illegal mining very endemic in Bosome Freho district – Lands Ministry