Five 2022/23 Ghana Premier League matchday 12 games were played across various league centres on Wednesday.
Here’s a wrap of what transpired across the country in the top flight.
Tamale City fought back to draw 1-1 against Asante Kotoko at Aliu Mahama Sports Stadium in a fierce contest. It is now three draws on the bounce for the Porcupine Warriors.
Issah Nyaabila scored an awkward own goal in 83 minutes to give Seydou Zerbo’s side the lead following a cross from Stephen Mukwala.
The hosts got the equalizing goal three minutes later through Babamu Ibrahim, who fired in a rebound after a poorly cleared throw in by the Kotoko backline.
In Tarkwa, Medeama SC defeated Nsoatreman 2-0 to return to winning ways after suffering a 4-0 mauling at Dreams FC in week 11.
Kwasi Donsu opened the scoring five minutes to the end of the first half while new addition Jonathan Mensah added the second in the 56th minute.
Berekum Chelsea left it late to snatch a 1-0 win over Karela United at Golden City Park. Mezack Afriyie scored the winner in the fourth minute of added time.
It is the first victory for the ‘Bibires’ in four games while the ‘Pride and Passion’ lads are winless in six games.
See the full results from the Ghana Premier League week 12 below:
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- You don’t need money to make money; you need mindset – Oscar Bimpong
- Radio presenter recounts stealing church money to buy heroin, cocaine
- Government urged to pay District Assemblies’ Common Fund arrears
- Fifa places worldwide ban on Tottenham managing director Fabio Paratici
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Playback: Kamala Harris engages women entrepreneurs
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Economic crisis: Accept your mistakes – Mahama to Akufo-Addo
- Urgently approve 3 new revenue bills to expedite IMF bailout – BoG Governor appeals to Parliament
- Uber and TechConnect Africa spotlight how tech can promote economic equity in Africa
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Black Stars: Eric Bekoe charges GFA to appoint Asamoah Gyan as part of technical team
- Ecobank committed to empowering unbanked, underserved Ghanaians through financial inclusion – MD
- Grave robbers steal body parts of albino Mozambican
- Akufo-Addo appoints Derek Kwaku Nkansah as PBC MD
- LGBTQ+: You’re the last person to lecture us on human rights – Sam George fires US Vice President