A 26-year-old man, Azumah Razak, has drowned in a galamsey pit at Kwahu Oframase in the Kwahu West Municipality of the Eastern Region.
Family of the deceased, however, suspects he was murdered.
Speaking in an interview with Adom News, some relatives of the deceased explained that the remains of their beloved looked as though it had been used for human sacrifice.
The family is therefore demanding that the perpetrator of the alleged murder is brought to justice.
The unfortunate incident has led to unrest in the community.
According to the youth, authorities, including the chief, are to be blamed for the illegal mining activities in the community.
The youth destroyed some property of the illegal miners and have asked them to leave the community.
They warned that illegal miners will incur their wrath should they refuse to adhere to their caution.
Chief of Kwahu Oframase, Nana Afrifa Yamoah, has pleaded with the youth in the community to keep calm rather than resort to any violence. He said investigations will be carried out by authorities to ascertain the truth.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Livestream: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh
- Christiana Awuni explains why ‘slay queens’ can’t quit having body enhancement surgeries
- Spend wisely, desist from expensive borrowing – GSE boss to government
- GOIL supports Appiatse Disaster Fund
- Headmasters can’t stop students from reporting to school over prospectus – Education Minister tells parents
- It’s been an insightful experience – Funke Akindele breaks silence after losing elections