Police at Asante-Bekwai in the Ashanti Region have arrested three teenagers in connection with the murder of a final year student of Oppong Memorial Senior High School.
Richard Appiah, who is 19 years old and a final year Visual Arts student, died of stabbed wounds on Saturday after an attack on him by some youth of Kokofu in the Ashanti region at about 9: 40 pm.
The suspects, all Junior High School students, were arrested in their hideouts following a tip-off.
Solomon Nuamah, 17; Albert Opoku, 16, are both in JHS 3; and 16-year-old Richard Nkrumah, a JHS 2 student.
Police have declared Kofi Nti, Ramsey Okyere and Kofi Atta three others wanted.
Bekwai District Police Commander, DSP Teddy Damptey-Brown told JoyNews the deceased, in the company of four others, is said to have gone out of campus to Kokofu Town.
He was stabbed with a broken bottle after he stepped forward to collect an iPhone seized from one of the students.
On Wednesday, the three suspects who were arrested at different locations are expected to be arraigned at the Bekwai Magistrate Court.
Bekwai District Police Commander, DSP Teddy Damptey-Brown says police will apply for a bench warrant for the run-away suspects.
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- Robbers make away with over ¢100k in alleged bullion van attack
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- Pastor whose prophecy triggered Shatta Wale’s fake shooting fiasco arrested
- Funny Face arrested after threatening to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Why Samini thinks IGP won’t be laughing at Shatta Wale’s expensive joke
- Akufo-Addo’s denial of promise to build harbour in Cape Coast is shocking – Abeiku Adams
- Tiwa Savage reacts to alleged sex tape
- CAGD backtracks on ‘No Ghana Card, No Salary’ directive to public sector workers
- Soldiers demanded ¢50k to embark on coup – Witness
World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia’s Bahir Dar stadium banned, Walyas could play Black Stars on neutral ground
AWCON Qualifiers: Black Queens aim for fancied Nigeria upset
Salah scores twice as Liverpool beat 10-man Atletico
Messi brace inspires PSG comeback victory over Leipzig
Man City brush aside Club Brugge in emphatic victory
Put Shatta Wale and publisher before court for alleged fake gun attack – ASEPA petitions CID
Two arrested for circulating false information in connection with alleged gunshot attack on Shatta Wale
30 companies and 4 individuals honoured at 2021 Customer’s Choice
Shatta Wale arrested over hoax shooting incident
Playback: PM Express discusses demand for MMDCEs election re-run
KATH Psychiatry Unit launches caregiver support group for children with special needs
MP for Tamale Central reaffirms Minority’s commitment to pass anti-LGBTQI+ bill, Asks Akufo-Addo to make stance clear
NSMQ 2021: St Thomas Aquinas, Mfantsipim, Aggrey Memorial, Bolgatanga SHS and others to contest in prelims
Transgender is a mental health condition – Expert
Shatta Wale could be charged for publication of false information – Justice Abdulai