Four people died in a head-on collision at Konkoli near Trede in the Ashanti Region on Tuesday.
Two others are said to be in critical conditions receiving treatment at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
A truck carting timber logs lost its balance, running into another vehicle transporting cattle.
The driver of the vehicle carrying cattle, his assistant, and two others on the timber truck died on the spot.
According to an eyewitness, the timber truck was speeding from Trede Junction, about a kilometre away from the accident scene.
The driver lost control after failing to overtake a KIA truck, leading to the collision with the cattle truck.
Speaking to JoyNews, Nana Kofi Abotsi Addo, who drove behind the truck explained that the truck driver drove recklessly.
“He was speeding from Trede. I wanted to warn him but I couldn’t drive as fast as he did. I later saw him run into another car,” he said.
Both vehicles were mangled, trapping the four passengers.
The brother of the driver of the vehicle carting cattle, Daniel, who arrived at the scene of the accident said he was in shock about his brother’s death.
He revealed that six of the cows being transported died while three others have gone missing.
The owner of the cattle, Sofo Alexi said he had intended to join the truck to its destination, however, his wife had prevented him from doing so.
“One person who took care of my cattle is in critical condition. I am still confused about how it happened,” he added.
Meanwhile, on the Kwanwoma end of the stretch, another accident was recorded two hours after this accident.
A fuel tanker skidded from the road and drove into a ditch but no death or injury was recorded.
- Construction work by manufacturing company causing artificial earthquakes in Bortianor – Residents
- Shatta Wale showers dollars on Nana Ama Mcbrown
- Auditor General indicts former Nhyieso MP over failure to recover ¢500k of Assembly’s Common Fund
- Defence and Finance Ministers to answer questions in Parliament over Presidency’s hiring of private jet for foreign travels
- ‘I miss living life with you’ – T. B. Joshua’s wife marks his 58th birthday
- One of 2 robbers who attacked and robbed motorist on Fiesta Royale-GIMPA stretch arrested
- TUTAG to proceed with strike action despite NLC order
- #FixTheCountry: Leave social media, come and plant trees – Oti Regional Minister to campaigners
- GPL wrap: Hearts extend lead at top, King Faisal climb out of relegation zone
- I was slapped, burnt after Nkrumah was overthrown – Former lady-in-waiting to Fathia Nkrumah
Effutu paramount chief cautions trespassers against reserved lands
Euros On MGL: Poland v Slovakia betting preview
Euros On MGL: Scotland v Czech Republic betting preview
Ghana set to produce its own vaccine – Presidential Advisor on Health
Livestream: Day 9 – Appointments Committee vets Thomas Mbamba, Abdulai Abanga and 2 others
We are working with Political authorities to get Hudson-Odoi- GFA president
Nii Marmah Boye: Security at GIMPA; What the school must do
Auditor General indicts KMA over using Assembly’s Common Fund to pay judgment debt
Use digital platforms to reduce paper usage – Ursula
FixTheCountry case adjourned over late filing of documents
Playback: Foreign Minister to address the nation on Ghana’s election to UN’s Security Council, 59th ECOWAS meeting
Asantehene commends board and management of ADB for refocusing on its core mandate
GRA optimistic of addressing automation tax payment challenges by July
Euro 2020: Heart doctor’s Twitter thread on Christian Eriksen collapse is eye-opening
Sir John’s funeral: Government begins monitoring persons who participated – Nsiah Asare