The novel coronavirus disease has claimed four more lives in Ghana bringing the death toll to 565.
According to the Ghana Health Service (GHS), 523 new cases recorded as of February 14, have sent the number of active cases to 7,931.
In its latest update, GHS also indicated that 29 patients are in critical condition while 92 others are in severe condition.
So far, the country has recorded a total of 78,271 confirmed cases with 69,775 recoveries/discharge.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Health in collaboration with the Ministry of Information on Friday, February 19, will hold a press briefing to discuss public engagement on Covid-19 and Ghana’s vaccination roll out plan.
This comes after Health Minister-designate, Kwaku Agyeman-Manu indicated that the country is set to receive 350,000 AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccines by mid-March.
The Greater Accra Region remains the largest hotspot in the country.
Greater Accra Region – 45,544
Ashanti Region – 13,885;
Western Region – 4,575;
Eastern Region – 3,365;
Central Region – 2,709;
Volta Region – 1,415;
Bono East Region – 972;
Northern Region – 867;
Upper East Region – 814;
Bono Region – 836;
Western North Region – 773;
Ahafo Region – 635;
Upper West Region –307;
Oti Region – 258;
Savannah Region –69;
North East Region – 61
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Barker-Vormawor alleges
- #FixTheCountry: How an IGP meet-up turned into a ‘Cabinet Meeting’, without the IGP – Convenor reveals
- Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
- #FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
- Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
- Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
- Playback: Newsfile discusses #FixTheCountry brouhaha; Muslim students not allowed to fast in public Christian school
- I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
- Vehicle towing cost to be borne by insurance industry – NIC Commissioner
Ghana recorded 10,684 newborn jaundice cases in 2020
Takoradi Technical University establishes Cyber-security Centre
Covid-19 remains a threat to national security – Interior Minister
Armed robber nabbed in Tema
Driver arrested for robbery at Gindabor, 5 others on the run in Savannah Region
We tried to have children for about 10 years – Ebo Whyte’s wife recounts
Teachers call for improved working conditions
Aguero misses penalty as Chelsea’s win makes Man City wait for title
Bayern celebrate winning ninth straight Bundesliga title with 6-0 victory
Atletico stay top after draw at Barca
It’ll take time for government to get economy back on track – Kojo Oppong Nkrumah
IntelAfrique: Part 1 – Race to NPP flagbearership
Enimil Ashon: What is $25m to a cockroach!
Bawumia’s response to #FixTheCountry campaign not a solution to issues raised – Ofosu Kwakye
#FixTheCountry: How an IGP meet-up turned into a ‘Cabinet Meeting’, without the IGP – Convenor reveals