The Ghana Police Service says it has picked up some 42 persons at Stonebwoy’s Ashaiman To The World Concert.
The suspects who are currently in police custody are said to have carried out various forms of attacks against unsuspecting attendees.
The musical event hosted by dancehall artiste took place at the Saka Saka Park in Ashaiman last night, September 3.
POLICE ARREST 42 SUSPECTS FOR VARIOUS OFFENCES AT “ASHIAMAN TO THE WORLD CONCERT”— Ghana Police Service (@GhPoliceService) September 4, 2022
The Police arrested 42 suspects during the Ashiaman to the World concert held on 3rd August, 2022 at the Saka Saka park in Ashiaman in the Greater Accra Region.
In a statement released by the police, some of the suspects are reported to have among other things, “attacked some of the fans with toy guns, cutlasses, knives, scissors and other offensive weapons at different locations towards the end of the concert.”
The release further enumerated the items retrieved from the said suspects.
Items retrieved from them include 2 Toy pistols, 10 mobile phones, 5 cutlasses, 5 jack knives, 3 Pairs of scissors, 1 wig and a tablet.— Ghana Police Service (@GhPoliceService) September 4, 2022
All the suspects will be taken through the due process of the law. pic.twitter.com/IQngT6KQRu
They include “2 toy pistols, 10 mobile phones, 5 cutlasses, 5 jack knives, 3 Pairs of scissors, 1 wig and a tablet.”
The police also assured that all those found culpable after investigations will be made to face the law.
“All the suspects will be taken through the due process of the law.”
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Ghanaian nurses to work in UK under new deal – Agyemang Manu
- ‘Thank you Dede Ayew’, tweets ‘praise’ Stars captain for missed penalty as Brazil mauls South Korea
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- All Agenda 111 hospitals cannot be completed by 2024 – NPP MP
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Labour unions kick against any ‘haircut’ on pension funds of workers
- IMF is getting cold feet on deal with Ghana – Ricketts-Hagan alleges
- Debt Exchange: Do not touch our pensions – TUC warns government
- UPSA to limit 2023/24 admissions to aggregate 6
- Work on terminal section of Boankra inland port in progress
- Debt exchange programme was not discussed in Parliament – Dr Ato Forson
- Our government is not a perfect institution; criticisms are welcome – John Kumah
- Check for speech error in your babies – Parents advised
- Minority not against National Cathedral – Haruna Iddrisu
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Man jailed 21 years for shooting Lady Gaga’s dog walker
- Biography of Prof. Justice Henrietta Mensa-Bonsu to be launched in Accra
- Fifa opens disciplinary proceedings against Uruguay FA and four players after Ghana clash
- No more airplane mode – EU to allow calls on flights
- Huawei equips 500 traders with Financial Technology￼
- UK consumers tighten belts before Christmas as cost of living bites
- So many people in Ghana camp at the World Cup may have been a distraction – Osei Owusu Bempah
- 9 drown during baptism ceremony in Johannesburg