The National Appeals Committee of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) has cleared 6 out of 7 disqualified regional executive aspirants in the Volta Region.
The committee took the decision after carefully considering the appeals of the 7 aspirants, who were disqualified by the Volta Regional Elections Committee after the vetting process.
The In-charge of Corporate Affairs and Sustainability, Prestea Sankofa Gold Limited, Josephine Selasie Aku-Sika Ohene-Boateng, was cleared to contest the incumbent Regional Treasurer, Wisdom Gakpo.
The incumbent Regional Organiser, Emmanuel Korsi Bodja would compete with a former Ho West Constituency Organiser, Christo Wisdom Klutse, Kofi Agrah and Prince Shelter Adjorlolo who were all cleared, to retain his position.
A Regional Youth Organiser hopeful, Markson Korku Seayor, was also cleared by the National Appeals Committee while Emmanuel Quarshie, failed to make a strong case to defend himself.
He was, therefore, not cleared, pegging the number of aspirants for the Regional Youth Organizer position at 3.
The Nasara Coordinator position would see competition between Mudashinu Adebayor, Abdulai Kamila, Suala Abdulai, and Zain-UL-Abideen Ballah Sulleyman who was also okayed to contest.
A memorandum signed by the Director of Elections and Research, Evans Nimako, directed the Regional Elections Committee to ensure the cleared aspirants are reinstated and made provisions for on the ballot papers.
The regional elections would be held on 28th May 2022 in Ho.
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift