The Agricultural Development Bank (ADB) has appointed Alhassan Yakubu-Tali as new Managing Director, effective December 1, 2022.
His appointment follows a successful approval by shareholders as well as regulatory approval received from the Bank of Ghana (BoG) respectively, after the retirement of Dr. John Kofi Mensah whose tenure ends on the 30th November 2022.
A seasoned investment banker with over 20 years of international experience, Mr. Yakubu-Tali until his appointment, served as the Deputy Managing Director of the Bank for the past 5 years.
He is a result oriented professional with exceptional skills in people management, developing new businesses, risk management and adaptable to new organisational culture.
He had oversight responsibility over the Bank’s Business Banking, Agribusiness and Operations Divisions as well as the 87 retail outlets of the Bank. He was principally in charge of the Bank’s Business units and was responsible for the operational performance, driving and implementing a strict performance culture in the Bank as well as providing support to the Managing Director to create an environment that promotes staff commitment to the organisational vision, mission and strategy.
Mr. Yakubu-Tali holds a Business Administration and MBA (Marketing) from the City University, Bellevue, USA (Frankfurt Campus); Diploma 1 & 2 (Business Administration) from West London College, London.
He currently serves on the Boards of Agridev Limited, the Forestry Plantation Development Fund Management and the Cotton Development Authority.
As Deputy Managing Director and Chairman of the Bank’s Strategy Implementation Committee, Mr. Yakubu-Tali comes on board the position of Managing Director with first-hand knowledge of the Bank’s trajectory and is expected to lead the next phase of the Bank’s growth.
Commenting on the appointment, the ADB Board Chairman, Daasebre Akuamoah Agyepong II, congratulated Alhaji Yakubu-Tali on his new appointment.
“On behalf of the Board, we wish to congratulate Mr. Yakubu-Tali on his appointment and also assure him of our support, having been the Deputy Managing Director for the past five years, we are optimistic he will lead the Bank to higher heights” he said.
Mr. Yakubu-Tali expressed his appreciation to shareholders and the Board “I wish to thank all our shareholders and the Board of Directors for this opportunity to serve as Managing Director and thank my immediate predecessor, Dr. John Kofi Mensah for leading the team to position the Bank better than it was in 2016.”
“I look forward to a more fruitful working relationship between the Board, Management and Staff to ensure we position our Bank as the best Bank in Agribusiness financing and most customer focused Bank in the country” he said.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: Waakye kills 5 including pregnant woman
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- KNUST findings cite reduction in green areas for increased flooding in Kumasi
- Develop a positive attitude – Apostle Nyamekye advises Ghanaians
- The Spanish town powered by waves
- GES commiserates with bereaved families of 8 drowned pupils
- Black Sherif bags 5 nominations from Soundcity MVP Awards
- 47th SWAG Awards gala set for Saturday, January 28
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- No amount of petitions and press conferences can reverse NDC’s new parliamentary leadership – Ras Mubarak
- Climate change reporting shouldn’t always be about doom – Lecturer
- A sex scene with Jim Iyke almost got me expelled from university – Actress
- BBC News presenter gets emotional in last ever sign-off
- Kenyan court convicts Venezuelan diploma of murder
- Is Iñaki Williams favourite to win LaLiga African MVP award?
- Woman arrested for enrolling as high school student
- Ukraine declares war on its other enemy, corruption