African countries have been asked to expand their logistics and transportation networks in order to keep the African Free Trade Continental Area’s (AfCFTA) goal alive, or risk losing its benefit.
Member countries should enhance their regional value chains and build and efficient transportation system across the continent, a Deputy Minister for Trade and Industries, Herbert Krapa has said.
He called on African countries to build links that improve their abilities and capacities to feed industry in a sustainable manner, while speaking at the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transports (CILT) African forum.
“To drive the vision of AfCFTA, Africa must build a multi-model transport network across the continent bringing together infrastructure, equipment and digital solution needed to support the demands of trading under the agreement”, he said.
The President of the CILT, Ingineer Mark Afum Amoamah, said his organization will collaborate with other state agencies to ensure trade facilitation in Ghana and beyond.
“The good thing is we train our professionals through the logistics line, we give them the skills needed to help them to manage logistics efficiently, we will continue to partner other state agencies in facilitating trade”, he stated.
CILT Ghana represents and is a branch of CILT International in Ghana.
It was established and registered in 1965 as The Chartered Institute of Transport (CIT). The name CIT in Ghana was changed to CILT in January 2002 following the international merger between CIT and The Institute of Logistics (IL).
The institute is bent on creating a strong model for growth based on regional development.
- Sacked police chief arrested in connection with $150m corruption scandal
- Couple crushed to death on their engagement day
- I was 5 months pregnant when I found out my boyfriend was gay
- Florida nabs largest python ever found in state
- Ablakwa’s claim of Akufo-Addo flying ‘Luxury Monster’ inaccurate – Presidency
- Influencers’ Block: An African mother’s zip forced ‘Kofi ne Ama’ to break the internet
- My biggest fear before marriage was ‘chop money’ – McDan
- Khaby Lame becomes world’s most-followed TikToker
- Parliament orders immediate withdrawal of soldiers used for installation of Krobo prepaid meters
- Anny Osabutey: Why the smell of Akpeteshie is difficult to shake off
Abortion clinics start to close after US Supreme Court ruling
MTN donates to promote digital literacy in Ashanti region
18 dead in mass break-in to Spanish enclave
Livestream: Newsfile discusses accountability surrounding National Cathedral, Covid-19 expenditure
Enimil Ashon: Osafo Maafo taking NPP to opposition?￼￼
MTN celebrates 12 years of Ashantifest with exciting activities
WAFU B U-17 tournament: Black Starlets win bronze after beating Ivory Coast
NFL star Ezekiel Ansah donates to 14 health centres in Akropong
Ghana to get a comprehensive haematology and sickle cell centre – Project lead
I never said Akufo-Addo travelled in D-Alex – Ablakwa
McDan justifies ‘a woman’s money is not her husband’s’ comment
Eugene Arhin cannot justify Akufo-Addo’s ‘Luxury Monster’ flight – Ablakwa
Albert Kwabena Dwumfour elected GJA president
Morocco commended for progress made in women’s rights
GCB Bank management meets chief executive of AMA