The Adaklu Senior High School (ADASEC) in the Adaklu District of the Volta Region would soon bid farewell to infrastructure challenges impeding academic activities.
This follows the construction of an ultra-modern 8-unit classroom block with ancillary facilities initiated by the Adaklu Member of Parliament, Kwame Governs Agbodza.
The project designed by Mr. Agbodza’s architectural firm is estimated at about GH¢1 million.
At a sod-cutting ceremony, the MP said he decided to undertake the project after learning of the urgent need for additional infrastructure, as the school witnessed an increase in enrollment.
He promised to secure funding to ensure the timely completion of the project, to make available enough space to accommodate the student population.
He appreciated the efforts of the staff and management of the school in imparting knowledge to the younger generation, to ensure they become people of substance in the future.
Senior Divisional Chief of Adaklu-Waya, Togbe Lablulu V, lauded Mr. Agbodza’s commitment to developing the institution and the entire Adaklu District.
The Headmaster of ADASEC, Hosu Bartholomew, extended gratitude for the initiative and made a passionate appeal for support to complete the dining hall, Information Communication Technology and Science laboratories under construction.
He believes these projects when completed would enhance academic activities which would lead to better performance of students at the West African Senior High Schools Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
- Former Energy Minister caused $170m loss to the state – John Jinapor
- CID to investigate Power Purchasing Agreement that resulted in $170m judgment debt – AG
- Dr. Mac-Palm was the main brain behind the plot to overthrow government – Military Chief alleges
- AstraZeneca, Sputnik V vaccines potent against Covid-19 Delta variant – GHS
- Controversial Judgment Debt: Power Purchasing Agreement between Ghana and GPGC explained
- Parliament to pass stringent law to fight activities of LGBTQI+ – Bagbin
- ‘You will not be Attorney General forever’ – Jinapor to Godfred Dame
- Kenneth Awotwe Darko: ‘I made a career out of telling stories of my pain’ – Why Omar Sterling’s album was worth the wait
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, June 23, 2021
- Alan Kyerematen, Akufo-Addo visit two 1D1Fs in Bawumia’s hometown
ECG announces 22 days of ‘dumsor’ for parts of Accra
Teacher welfare concerns to be addressed with alacrity – Ntim Fordjour
Euros On MGL: Spain thrash Slovakia to reach last 16
Many youth in Kumasi are contracting Covid-19 – John Amuasi
GPL wrap: Kotoko reclaim top spot after victory over Karela, Dreams climb into top 4
Judgment debt saga: We did not pay attention to letter of agreement – Ben Boakye
Strong partnerships and boldness needed to tackle Covid-19 challenges – Akufo-Addo
FanMilk Ghana inaugurates new office to expand business
KMA targets $1m under 2021 Global Mayors Challenge
Covid-19: Government has paid GH¢500m out of GH¢896m for free water supply -Cecilia Dapaah
The quality of our music is declining – Appietus
Hollard Insurance MD, Daniel Boi Addo hosts webinar on Insuretech
DCOP (Rtd) Opare Addo was removed from office for obstructing his successors work – Kan Dapaah
Bullion van attack: Insurers can’t honour claims arising from unamoured cash-transit vehicles – ASIAC
Absa Bank Ghana rolls out MoneyGram services