President Nana Akufo-Addo has encouraged Ghanaians to help Ghana Football Association (GFA)’s #BringBackTheLove campaign aimed at galvanizing support for the country’s football.
The campaign was launched by new administration led by President Kurt Okraku.
Delivering the State of the Nation Address on Thursday, February 20 in Parliament, President Akufo-Addo expressed his delight with the return of Ghana football to normalcy.
Ghana football had been under the guidance of a Normalisation Committee put together by FIFA/CAF with the help of Government for a year.
This was after an Anas documentary brought down the Kwesi-Nyantakyi led administration.
”Government worked with Fifa, established the Normalisation Committee , and helped bring a new GFA into being. I’m happy to note that football, the passion of the nation has returned to full normalcy following the election of a new President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Mr Kurt Okraku. I congratulate him on his election. The Ghana Premier League has started, and let us help “Bring Back the Love,” Akufo-Addo said.
Since the campaign was launched the interest for the domestic league games and national teams have been impressive.
Last month, the Hearts of Oak versus Asante Kotoko Ghana Premier League match at the Accra Sports Stadium produced a record-breaking turnout with GH¢726, 380 generated from gate proceeds.
- If any person should be prosecuted over Saglemi, it should be E. T. Mensah – Stan Dogbe
- UG to cough up $165m judgment debt for abrogating Africa Integras partnership
- Stop rolling out new projects until all existing ones are completed – Mahama tells government
- Oliver Barker-Vormawor calls for the dissolution of the ‘corrupt 4th republic’
- Founders’ Day: We must work to free ourselves from colonial power that binds us – Akufo-Addo
- Saglemi saga: Former Housing Minister, Collins Dauda granted self-recognisance bail
- Playback: NPP commemorates 29-year anniversary
- Michael Jai White loses oldest son to Covid-19
- Tokyo 2020: Ghana’s 4×100 men’s team qualify for final after breaking national record
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, August 5, 2021
Bread retailers in Kumasi bemoan difficulty in selling at new prices
150 nurses seeking postings out of Upper East Region
Bawumia to launch University of Ghana Innovation and Entrepreneurship Network
115 Spellers advance to The Spelling Bee Ghana 2022 National Finals
Anas’ exposé and lack of matches to blame for referees’ poor showing – Henry Twum
Ghana Enterprises Agency inaugurates ‘access to finance committee’
Trading sex for cosmetic surgery in Mexico’s narco capital
Yam farmers in Northern Region bemoan poor harvest due to dry spell
Don’t disappointed me – Fancy Gadam tells Dr Bawumia
WACCBIP unveils state-of-art Genome Sequencer
Government is on course to fix the country – Akufo-Addo
Kissi Agyebeng is new Special Prosecutor
2020 NDC Parliamentary Candidate for Efutu acquitted and discharged
Motorists and passengers stranded as Kumasi-Cape Coast highway is blocked to traffic
Tokyo 2020: USA hold off Australia in seven-goal thriller to win Olympic bronze