Black Stars captain Andre Ayew was the biggest winner of Swansea City’s end-of-season awards for the 2019-20 campaign.
Ayew was in sensational form for the Swans leading them to the Championship play-off semi-finals after scoring 18 goals and providing seven assists.
The 30-year-old came out on top in the fan vote for their player of the season, and was also voted as the player’s player of the season.
In addition, Ayew won the club’s top scorer award, and was also adjudged as the winner of the away player of the season prize.
The awards were held virtually this year as the original awards event – in conjunction with the Executive Fundraising Committee and Supporters Trust – was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- 2024 Women’s AFCONQ: Black Queens faced challenges before Rwanda game – Nora Hauptle
- 2024 Women’s AFCONQ: Black Queens beating Rwanda 7-0 satisfying – Nora Hauptle
- Deputy NPA CEO receives 2023 Leadership Excellence Award
- Guinean cycles across six countries for spot at Egypt’s Al-Azhar University
- Venezuela sends 11,000 troops to retake prison
- Poland to stop supplying weapons to Ukraine over grain row
- EC can go to court if it feels frustrated by parliament regarding CI – Andy Appiah-Kubi
- EC doesn’t need a new law to decentralise limited voter registration – Dafeamekpor
- Explore the option of becoming self-employed – NSS boss urges personnel
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse demo: Organisers duly served court process through their lawyers – Police
- Samson’s Take: Democracy in danger – stop the police now!
- King Mohammed VI chairs meeting devoted to reconstruction program for disaster-stricken regions
- Arsenal cruise to 4-0 win over PSV on Champions League return
- Bayern defeat Manchester United in seven-goal thriller
- ‘Reform unjust and unfair UN Security Council now’ – Akufo-Addo