On International Women’s Day, the Adom Brands of The Multimedia Group Limited are celebrating the female music icon, Asabea Cropper.
Asabea Cropper is a Ghanaian female high-life singer and saxophonist who has gained recognition the world over.
Asabea Cropper’s many recognitions include being honoured by the Union of National Radio and Television of Africa (URTNA) Awards as the ’Queen of Highlife Music’.
According to interviews she has granted on several media platforms, Asabea learnt how to play the piano, acoustic guitar and soprano saxophone through the tutelage of her brother, Kenteman, a popular Ghanaian musician.
In the 1970s, Asabea Cropper was part of a team that played for the Sweet Talks and Black Hustlers Band.
Apart from the recognition received from the URTNA Awards, she also received many other honours.
In 2019, she was honoured at the Rhythms on Da Runway fashion show for her contribution to fashion in Ghana.
She was also honoured by the MUSIGA Presidential Grand Ball as well as receiving the Music Industry Heroes Award in the second edition of honouring music legends in Ghana.
In March 2021, she was honoured by the organisers of the 3Music Awards in an event called 3Music Women’s Brunch.
She was honoured for her accomplishment in the entertainment industry along with the likes of Theresa Ayoade, Grace Omaboe, Akosua Adjepong, Dzifa Gomashie, Tagoe Sisters and others.
Asabea Cropper is known for her love and passion for unique headgear styles which she said were handed down to her by her grandmother and mother in the mid-70s.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- ECG building dockets on those who have stolen power – Samuel Mahama
- Digitalisation to help reduce ECG’s commercial losses – Samuel Mahama
- ECG mass disconnection campaign to be sustained indefinitely – Samuel Mahama
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Former Accra Regional Hospital Medical Director files nomination for Garu
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ugandan parliament passes bill to jail gay people
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards