Former Ghana Black Stars captain, Asamoah Gyan in ushering himself into 2021, has broken his piggy box (Susu box).
According to Mr. Gyan he was motivated to save because of the coronavirus pandemic.
“I started saving my coins six months ago. I will open it today. A long time ago, the susu box was the only vessel we could secure and save our money.”
The Ghanaian footballer shocked many as he revealed an outstanding sum of money in a viral video on social media.
In a video sighted by JoyNews, Baffour Gyan; brother of the new member of Legon Cities and other friends can be seen helping in the counting of the money.
They expressed shock and referred to him as a “rich man.”
“If a rich man is saving, why will you not also save,” they quizzed.
Asamoah Gyan admonished Ghanaians to practice and accept the habit of saving. No money is too little or huge to save, he added.
This he said: “If I am able to save why can’t you save. If you receive GH₵1, or even 50 pesewas, you should be able to save.”
“On your level, don’t go and kill yourself. You can also save money,” he advised.
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Italian Open: Rafael Nadal to play Novak Djokovic in Rome final
GPL: WAFA deepen Legon Cities’ relegation woes
Leicester win FA Cup for the first time after last-gap Chelsea equaliser ruled out
Investigating assault on Caleb Kudah: I don’t trust National Security – Ken Ashigbey
Juventus edge Inter Milan in thriller to keep Champions League hopes alive
Lewandowski equals Muller’s Bundesliga goals record in Bayern draw
Zlatan Ibrahimovic ruled out of Euro 2020 with knee injury
Disband National Security Ministry- Samson Lardy Anyenini
I stopped being a member of GJA because of its President – Manasseh Azure
Asantehene’s involvement in galamsey fight a big impetus – Abu Jinapor
Arrest of Citi FM Journalists: National Security boss should be held to account – Audrey Gadzekpo
We need to guard against religious chauvinism – Harruna Iddrisu
Investigative Journalism is becoming scarier – Manasseh Azure
NCCE Director calls on Ghanaians to respect each other
Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah