The Ashanti Region has recorded 73 fire incidents just two weeks into 2022, a situation officials of the Ghana National Fre Service describe as alarming.
Records from the Service indicate that 1,111 fire incidents were recorded in 2021, an 11.4% reduction from the 1,254 incidents recorded at the end of 2020.
But the fire service is worried about the 73 fire incidents recorded in the region since the beginning of this year.
The latest incident killed a 65-year-old man at Kronom in the Suame municipality.
Do3 Peter Addai says electrical fault, gas leakage, negligence and other human factors have been major causes of fires.
The public has been advised to adhere to safety measures, especially in this dry season.
Access routes, poor roads, respect for the siren, and generally poor public attitude remain a challenge to the fire department.
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- Fifi Folson making Gospel funky on Joy FM
- EIU revises global growth forecast for 2023 to 2%
- Actor Mawuli Gavor and wife expecting first child
- Growth and Sustainability Levy breaches petroleum agreement, could trigger ligation – Petroleum Chamber
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Lamisi honoured in Netherlands for promoting Ghanaian culture
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- JessiEmma releases ‘Amazing Grace’, a love song to God
- Producer Price Inflation falls to 50.8% in February 2023
- Debt Exchange: Insurers to re-strategise to avert threats to prompt payment of claims
- Shatta Wale gives conditions for return to VGMA
- Heeding Mahama’s advice would have prevented us from going to IMF on a stretcher – Sammy Gyamfi to Akufo-Addo
- “Consider cocoa pricing in your legislation”- COCOBOD Chief tells EU
- Former Black Stars player Emmanuel Oblitey dies at 69