A howler by goalkeeper Tim Krul helped set Arsenal on their way to a win that lifts them up to seventh as bottom club Norwich City’s hopes of staying in the Premier League faded further.
Dutchman Krul lost possession to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on the edge of his own penalty area for Arsenal’s opener, the Gabon forward whipping the ball from his feet to score his 18th top-flight goal of the season.
Aubameyang then turned provider for Swiss midfielder Granit Xhaka to sweep home his first club goal since March 2019 before Aubameyang added the third after a mistake by Josip Drmic.
Substitute Cedric Soares completed the rout, the substitute scoring from outside the penalty area four minutes after coming on for his Gunners debut.
Norwich, six points from safety with six games left, hit the woodwork through Ben Godfrey when the game was goalless, while Emiliano Martinez produced a fine save to keep out Kenny McLean’s free-kick
- Task force destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money
- Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
- Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers
- Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
- Armed men attack NPP Communicator
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
To die now will be more comforting – A breast cancer patient’s only wish
I am open to serving in the oil sector again – Kweku Awotwi
AstraZeneca vaccine has no adverse effect on Ghanaians – GHS
Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury: British boxers to meet on 14 August in Saudi Arabia
Retired teacher granted bail for building without permit
CEOs urged to adopt digital technology to build resilient businesses
NSMQ 2021: Kintampo SHS, St Mary’s Boys SHS progress to National Championship
Israel-Gaza conflict: Islamic Jihad leader killed and militant tunnels destroyed in airstrikes, Israeli military says
‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
Power punches I received made me cry despite my victory – Bukom Banku recounts
Singer kicks fan for touching her inappropriately
2 die in car accident, one electrocuted
Head porter jailed 7 years for defiling 12-year-old girl
Man United players affected by protests – Solskjaer
Farmers in Upper East unhappy about increase in prices of government subsidised fertilizers