After signing for newly-promoted side AJ Auxerre, Black Stars defender, Gideon Mensah, says the major target of the club is to be in the league for more than just one season.
Auxerre make a return to the Ligue 1 after a 10-year absence after securing promotion from Ligue 2 last season.
The Ghanaian signed a three-year deal with the club after leaving RB Salzburg as he hopes for more gaming time.
Quizzed on the team’s objective for the season, Mensah told Joy Sports, “It’s their first time in 10 years in the Ligue 1 now so obviously it won’t be easy for both the players and the club.
“The only goal for the team now is to stay in the league. They want to enjoy the league and be in it so the objective is to work hard.”
Auxerre have seven points from five games in the Ligue 1 this season.
- Africa should prioritise intra-regional trade to help ensure food security – AGRA president
- Strive to live up to Nkrumah’s ideals by fostering intra-continental trade – Mahama
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Arrest of protesters unnecessary, undemocratic – Naana Opoku-Agyemang
- #FixTheCountry calls for release of arrested protestors in #OccupyJulorBiHouse demonstration
- Rwandan serial killer who hid bodies in kitchen pleads guilty
- Sit-in demonstration at EC office to commence on Friday
- Building a successful brand through organizational culture
- Cecilia Dapaah has never owned a real estate business – PA rubbishes claims by OSP
- Achieving succession planning success: The importance of a holistic succession strategy
- African fintech, Web3 leaders to convene at Africa Money and DeFi summit in Accra
- Domelevo supports removal of Finance Minister and BoG Governor
- Sogbe Amalgamated Family Union launched to champion educational, economic, and social development
- CPP denies forming alliance with Alan Kyerematen ahead of 2024 general elections
- Ellembele MP clashes with DCE over fixing of deplorable roads in the constituency
- At least 9 killed in highway ambush at Pusiga