After signing for newly-promoted side AJ Auxerre, Black Stars defender, Gideon Mensah, says the major target of the club is to be in the league for more than just one season.
Auxerre make a return to the Ligue 1 after a 10-year absence after securing promotion from Ligue 2 last season.
The Ghanaian signed a three-year deal with the club after leaving RB Salzburg as he hopes for more gaming time.
Quizzed on the team’s objective for the season, Mensah told Joy Sports, “It’s their first time in 10 years in the Ligue 1 now so obviously it won’t be easy for both the players and the club.
“The only goal for the team now is to stay in the league. They want to enjoy the league and be in it so the objective is to work hard.”
Auxerre have seven points from five games in the Ligue 1 this season.
- T-bills, individual bond holders exempted from Domestic Debt Exchange – Ofori-Atta
- Joel Bortey: What the stats say about Black Stars’ performance at 2022 World Cup
- 2022 WASSCE results prove Free SHS is working well – Akufo-Addo
- Bright Simons: Ghana begins its dance with creditors
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- Increment in VAT is inappropriate at this time – Ghana Chamber of Commerce CEO
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- Current system not effective enough to mobilise more revenue – Gyan-Quansah
- Provide speedy information on ‘Debt Exchange Programme’ to reduce speculation, uncertainty – PwC boss to government
- Vodafone introduces ‘100% Home Safe’ campaign ahead of Christmas
- Livestream: Minority raises concerns about 2023 budget, Domestic Debt Exchange amid crisis
- Cyril Ramaphosa: South Africa president’s fate in hands of the ANC
- Raheem Sterling leaves England World Cup squad after burglary at family home
- FBNBank commissions new East Legon branch
- Let’s take personal responsibility in repairing broken economic walls – Ofori-Atta
- 70% of tax revenue is used for debt servicing – Ofori-Atta
- African Legends Night 2022: Thrilling performances from Rex Omar, Amakye Dede, Efya and Samini
- Investor interest in Treasury bills soar despite debt restructuring programme
- Amber Heard files appeal against $10m defamation verdict
- Absa Bank’s new way to homeownership
- Ban on V8s in Accra; who is going to monitor? Mahama quizzes government
- Kanye West draws fresh denunciation for Hitler praise in an interview
- England silencing pre-tournament critics with World Cup performances – Rice
- Zipline services positively impacting health delivery in the Volta Region