Barcelona have reached a “verbal agreement” with Bayern Munich to sign Poland striker Robert Lewandowski, says the Bayern president.
The 33-year-old, who has one year left on his Bayern contract, told the club last month that he wishes to leave.
Lewandowski scored 50 goals in 46 games last season as he helped Bayern win a 10th straight Bundesliga title.
“It’s good to have clarity for all parties,” said Bayern president Herbert Hainer.
“We have come to a verbal agreement with Barcelona.
“Robert is an incredible player and he won everything with us. We are incredibly grateful to him.”
Lewandowski joined Bayern on a free transfer from Borussia Dortmund in 2014 and has scored 344 times in 374 games for the club, making him their second-highest scorer of all time behind Gerd Muller.
The Pole has won the league in all eight of his seasons at Bayern and also helped the Bavarians win the Champions League in 2019-20.
Bayern have also announced that Germany winger Serge Gnabry, 27, has signed a contract extension until 2026.
- Ghanaian nurses to work in UK under new deal – Agyemang Manu
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- Ban on V8s in Accra; who is going to monitor? Mahama quizzes government
- Labour unions kick against any ‘haircut’ on pension funds of workers
- Ghana records $4.7bn in remittances in 2022, maintains 2nd position in Africa
- Debt Exchange: Liquidity buffer provided to support institutions that may face difficulty – John Kumah
- Fudaila emerges winner of Big Chef Season 2
- Fish prices to go up over premix fuel scarcity – Deputy Volta Chief Fisher
- Treasury bills exempted from debt exchange programme – John Kumah
- QNET launches Direct Selling Disinformation Centre
- Trading of all Soya beans must pass through Ghana Commodity Exchange – Commodity Brokers Association
- CWEIC Deputy Chairman advocates deliberate intra-trade among member countries
- Ghana invites eligible holders to exchange ₵137.3 billion of domestic notes and bonds
- Ghana needs a new crop of patriotic leaders to restore its glory – Fiifi Fiavi Kwetey
- Target children and not adolescents for typhoid vaccination – Dr. Nsiah Asare urges scientists
- 10th edition of Tech in Ghana conference ends in Accra
- Bitcoin Technology Center opens to educate local community in Ghana
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s Debt exchange programme
- Jospong Group begins 2022 service of thanksgiving
- Success of Free SHS policy should be measured by the end results – GES