Musician Black Sherif remembered late Ghaian football star Christian Atsu during his performance at the 2023 Wireless Festival held in Dubai.
In a video, he shared on his Instagram handle, the Kweku The Traveller hitmaker was seen performing to an excited crowd.
Behind him, during his performance, was a huge screen displaying Christian Atsu’s name.
Christian Atsu died at age 31 in a devastating earthquake that occurred in Turkey and some parts of Syria on February 6, 2023.
The player’s club Hatayspor confirmed the Ghana star’s death, 12 days after the Turkey earthquake.
Family, friends and sympathisers gathered in Accra, on March 4, for the one-week observation of Christian Atsu’s death.
Meanwhile, Black Sherif is not the only musician who has used their craft to pay tribute to Christian Atsu.
Fameye in February released a new track dedicated to the Black Star player and gospel musician Grace Ashley also paid tribute to him.
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- Livestream: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Eugene Osei-Tutu: State funding of political parties; are we ready?
- Ho Central NDC primaries: It is time to reward loyalty and hard work – Randsford Kasu
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- Beyoncé and Adidas reportedly end partnership
- Foreign on indigenous: A look at Ghana’s fashion industry
- 2023 Onga Cook Art: Keta SHTS defeats Mafi Adidome SHS and three other schools to qualify for zonals
- Damongo primaries: Adam Mutawakilu should go unopposed – NDC polling station executives
- Parliament adopts new rules as MPs vote on fate of ministerial appointees
- Twitter will kill ‘legacy’ blue checks on April 1
- Minority to ‘do everything possible’ to reject Ministerial nominees – Murtala Muhammed
- Off-duty pilot flying as passenger takes over plane after captain becomes incapacitated mid-flight
- Qpee Vibez out with new Afrobeats song titled ‘Allo’
- US Vice President to visit Ghana on March 27 to deepen bilateral relations, strengthen trade and investment
- MUSIGA to hold elections on August 8 after 4 years of postponements