Ghana have dropped to 48th in the latest FIFA/Coca-Cola rankings released for the month of October, 2020.
Ghana after placing 46th in the last FIFA rankings released in September have taken two steps backwards by placing 48th in the latest rankings.
The Black Stars played two friendly games against Mali and Qatar in Antalya, Turkey earlier this month which they lost 3-0 and won 5-1 respectively.
These games were played as part of preparations towards the upcoming double header AFCON qualifiers against Sudan in November.
Ghana accumulated a total of 1439 points in the latest rankings and as a result placed sixth in the continental ranking – behind Senegal, Tunisia, Algeria, Nigeria and Morocco.
The top 10 ranked CAF teams released by FIFA for the month of October:
10. Burkina Faso
- Blunt and Blay: Finding ‘silence’ for Auntie Ohene from uncle Sam’s ‘noise’
- Far from silence, we suffer a culture of noise – Elizabeth Ohene
- NSMQ 2021: Presec beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
- Four charged for violating restrictions on public gathering at Christ Embassy ‘Pneumatica Night’
- Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
- Seatbelt has saved me 3 times – Alban Bagbin
- Police secures restraining order against #FixTheCountry protest on May 9
- Our job is to fix problems; we are fixing them – Bawumia
- Don’t depend on your children when you retire, it’s a “money mistake” – EDC boss
- Playback: NSMQ 2021: Legon PRESEC, Achimota and Odorgonno battle for Greater Accra Regional supremacy
More Nigeria students kidnapped in fresh attack after 29 students released
South Africa’s Zulu queen buried
Today’s front pages: Friday, May 7, 2021
FixTheCountry: Is there any country that does not need fixing? – Stephen Amoah quizzes
Demolish structures along ‘Right Of Way’ for railway projects – Otumfuo Osei Tutu II
Innovation Creativity and Entrepreneurship Programme to create opportunity for 140 Young entrepreneurs
Ghana takes delivery of 350,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccines
#FixTheCountry protestors could be NDC – Freddie Blay
Message from the Morning Man: Mrs Awuku’s Kettle
Chiefs urged to remove cultural barriers affecting women’s participation in leadership
Public urged to put political colours aside for national development
What is the big deal? – Bridgette Dzogbenuku on WGHS refusing to let students fast
‘Our ethos was happy music and good vibes’: genre-busting Black British band Osibisa
Remind the public we are not in normal times – Oppong Nkrumah tells Media
76-year-old prophetess burnt to death at Komenda