Ghana have dropped to 48th in the latest FIFA/Coca-Cola rankings released for the month of October, 2020.
Ghana after placing 46th in the last FIFA rankings released in September have taken two steps backwards by placing 48th in the latest rankings.
The Black Stars played two friendly games against Mali and Qatar in Antalya, Turkey earlier this month which they lost 3-0 and won 5-1 respectively.
These games were played as part of preparations towards the upcoming double header AFCON qualifiers against Sudan in November.
Ghana accumulated a total of 1439 points in the latest rankings and as a result placed sixth in the continental ranking – behind Senegal, Tunisia, Algeria, Nigeria and Morocco.
The top 10 ranked CAF teams released by FIFA for the month of October:
10. Burkina Faso
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: Pathologist cites asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- We need reduction in appointees, not reshuffle – Dr Amoako Baah tells Akufo-Addo
- Turkey-Syria earthquake: Newborn baby pulled from collapsed building
- Bounou, Courtois and Martinez make final three for FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper of the Year
- Impossible to prepare for disasters this big, Turkey’s president says
- Let’s pray KT Hammond and Steven Amoah don’t exchange blows at Trade Ministry – Murtala Mohammed
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: We will not accept police report on his death – Family
- We’ll not allow the Judiciary to be used to intimidate Ablakwa from carrying out mandate – Minority
- Group prevails on Energy Commission to lift ban on importation of used electrical appliances
- Death of gospel musician’s brother: Is weed okro for one to swallow eight easily? – Family quizzes
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- UGBS launch innovation and incubation hub to support start-ups
- DDEP: We are testing Ofori-Atta’s Christianity – Individual bondholders on call for exemption
- Debt Exchange: Over GH¢31bn of bonds to be restructured will mature this year
- Some Ghanaian artistes are egoistic and shortsighted – Jay Foley
- NPA to drag 47 OMCs to court for non-payment of PDM collected
- Ashanti Regional NDC leadership hands over Suame Youth Organiser to Police
- We are still opposed to C.I which makes Ghana Card only source document for voters’ registration – Minority