Audio By Carbonatix
The Electoral Commission has dismissed allegations by IMANI President, Franklin Cudjoe, claiming that the Commission intentionally disenfranchised the people of Santrokofi, Apkafu, Lolobi, and Lipke (SALL).
It will be recalled that on December 6, 2020, just a day before the general election, the EC directed that residents in the SALL areas could only vote in the presidential election.
Since then, the constituents have been without representation in Parliament.
However, Deputy Chairperson of the Electoral Commission, Dr. Bossman Asare, stated that the Commission cannot be blamed for what happened.
"If you want someone to blame for that process, [it should be] the parliament. The time the Parliament began the process of creating the LI that created Guan, they should have known that it wasn't possible that a constituency would be created for them to vote in the Parliamentary election."
He said this in a yet-to-be-aired edition of PM Express on JoyNews.
"Clearly, anyone who blames the EC for what happened in the Guan - for them not electing a member of Parliament - the person doesn't understand the processes of Parliament," he added.
Find excerpts below:
Full episode airs at 9:00 pm tonight.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
5 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
5 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
5 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
5 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
5 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
5 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
5 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
5 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
5 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
6 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
6 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
6 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
6 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
6 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
7 hours