Newmont Golden Ridge Ltd has been adjudged the best company in the 16th edition of the Ghana Club 100 awards organized by the Ghana Investment Promotion Center (GIPC).
The event under the theme, “Industrialization – A Tool For Job Creation And Accelerated Economic Development” also saw MTN, Goil, Goldfields Ghana and Vivo Energy emerge as the second, third, fourth and fifth top companies respectively.
The theme’s objective is in line with government’s vision to use manufacturing through the one district, one factory initiative as an economic development and job creation tool.
The GIPC also used this year’s edition as a launch pad for promoting partnerships between Ghanaian manufacturers and their foreign counterparts.
The Ghana Club 100 (GC 100) is an annual compilation of the top 100 companies in Ghana to give due recognition to successful enterprise building and was launched in 1998 by the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC).
The GC 100 is about corporate excellence. Companies making it into the GC 100 are to serve as role models for the private sector and provide a forum for corporate Ghana to interact with the government at a high level.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Gov’t gives boost to livestock industry with 'Rearing for Food and Jobs' programme
- Standard Chartered, GCX sign MoU to support farmers
- Premier picks Health Insurance Brand of the Year 2018
- DVLA, Guinness Ghana roll out new drink-drive module
- Access Bank unveils new logo; targets unbanked population through financial technology
- Anglogold engineer calls for training for artisanal miners
- Video: Alhassan Andani makes startling revelation on banking crisis
- Banking crisis: We are out of the woods –Stanbic’s Alhassan Andani
- Why the economy grows but jobs are not – Stanbic MD has answers
- Gold gains to near highest since 2013
- African Engineers converge in Tunis for conference on Food Security
- CBG pays out GH¢2bn to depositors, MFIs from bonds
- 'Solar is cheap, don’t be deterred by upfront cost'
- Consolidated Bank launches ‘We Stand With You’ tagline to affirm brand promise
- Absa named Africa’s Best Investment Bank