Ghana Investment and Promotion Centre is championing job creation under the industrialization agenda at the upcoming Ghana club 100 awards.
Under the theme, "Industrialization- a tool for job creation and Accelerated economic development", the GIPC hopes to channel more effort of indigenous firms into manufacturing of finished products.
The theme’s objective is in line with Government’s vision to use manufacturing through the one district, one factory initiative as an economic development and job creation tool. The GIPC also intends to use this year’s edition as a launch pad for promoting partnerships between Ghanaian manufacturers and their foreign counterparts.
The Chief Executive Officer of GIPC, Yoofi Grant, said in line with the president’s vision of moving the economy towards production, GIPC believes that channeling investments into the sector will support economic expansion and employ a lot of the youth along the manufacturing value chain.
Launched in 1998, this year’s Ghana Club 100 awards will be the 16th edition. The ceremony seeks to reward leading companies in various sectors of the economy from a compilation of top 100 companies in Ghana.
The 16th Edition of the GC100 Awards is scheduled to take place on 30th November 2017 at the Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel.
he Ghana Club 100 (GC 100) is an annual compilation of the top 100 companies in Ghana to give due recognition to successful enterprise building and was launched in 1998 by the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC). The GC 100 is about corporate excellence.
Companies making it into the GC 100 are to serve as role models for the private sector and provide a forum for corporate Ghana to interact with the government at a high level.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Barclays partners Invest In Africa to increase credit facilities for SMEs
- GOIL reduces petrol, diesel prices beginning Friday
- Vodafone excites Broadband Customers with Christmas promo
- GT Bank meets BoG minimum capital requirement
- Turkish trade delegation to visit Ghana
- Investors express interest in Tamale Airport Cargo village project
- Support young entrepreneurs – Kufuor
- Gov’t to sanction state, private entities that fail to enforce TIN requirements
- GUTA boss calls for change in procurement system
- Ghana to raise $750 million through London IPO of minerals fund
- Nigeria raises $2.86 billion in Eurobonds to fund deficit
- Institute of Directors want directors on public, private boards certified
- More intrapreneurs, not more entrepreneurs
- Mr. Accreditation, enough of booklong MBA graduates
- Fidelity Bank increases support for women, youth development