Ghana Premier League champions, Asante Kotoko, earned a first leg advantage over RC Kadiogo in the first leg of the CAF Champions League preliminary stage clash on Monday, September 12.
The Porcupine Warriors found a late winner through winger, Isaac Oppong at the General Kerekou Stadium in Cotonou, Benin.
The Burkina Faso side looked the stronger side early into the game as they pressured the Ghanaians but Seydou Zerbo’s side were on hand to hold off the pressure from the opposition.
Zerbo was taking charge of his first official game as the head coach of Kotoko following the resignation of Prosper Ogum Narteh at the end of last season.
Kotoko threatened on a number of occasions through new signing, Steven Mukwala but the forward was unable to find the back of the net.
With just minutes away from the full time whistle, Oppong ensured the Kumasi-based side returned to Ghana with the all important win as he found the back of the net with his effort.
The win on Monday means Kotoko command a 1-0 advantage heading into the return leg to be played at the Baba Yara Stadium.
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- YEA increases monthly allowances for Community Protection Assistants
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Minority not against National Cathedral – Haruna Iddrisu
- Over 100 injured in Spanish train collision
- George Addo Jnr: King Otto leaves behind a Black Stars squad pregnant with titles
- Ghana need IMF badly, return to Fund will improve government’s fiscal position – Deloitte
- China rolls back strict Covid rules after protests
- World Cup 2022: Croatia ready to challenge ‘terrifying favourites’ Brazil – Zlatko Dalic
- ICUMS operations saves importers over high cost of – Ghana Link
- Tanzania cancels independence celebration, diverts funds to build dormitories for kids
- Ghana to send nurses to UK in exchange for money – Health Minister announces
- Soften your stance, engage bondholders on debt restructuring – government advised
- Completion of Tema-Mpakadan Railway Project to open businesses around Volta Lake – Akufo-Addo
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- Digicraft wins Advertising Agency of the Decade Award
- Morocco erupts in ecstasy after historic World Cup win
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon