Audio By Carbonatix
The coronavirus disease has killed 26 people in the Bono Region from January to March this year.
One death was recorded in December 2020, bringing the regional death toll to 27, Dr Kofi Amo-Kodieh, the Bono Regional Director of Health said on Wednesday.
Addressing a news conference in Sunyani, the Regional Director said the region had so far recorded 1,095 Covid-19 cases. Â
He attributed the sharp rise in the Covid-19 cases in the region to the failure and negligence of the populace to adhere to the prescribed health safety guidelines and protocols.
Dr Amo-Kodieh said the Covid-19 vaccine had proven efficacious in building one's immune system, saying the vaccine remained the surest way to protect people from the viral disease.
He appealed to the populace to ignore conspiracy theories about the vaccine.
He said the region would benefit in the next phase of the vaccination exercise and called on the people to adhere to the health safety protocols.
Dr Alexander Egotey, the Bono Regional Chairman of the Ghana Medical Association, said the AstraZeneca Covid-19 Vaccine was safe and called on Ghanaians to take the vaccine.
He urged everybody, including those who would be vaccinated, to adhere to all the safety protocols and government restrictions to prevent the spread of the disease.
Dr. John Ekow Otoo, the Deputy Director Public Health at the Bono Regional Health Directorate, said every health facility in the region was empowered to handle Covid-19 suspected cases.
He advised the public to avoid self-medication and to visit health facilities when they fell sick.
Latest Stories
-
Man Utd agree ÂŁ70m fee for Brighton’s Baleba
1 hour -
Inter-Agency Football Gala: YEA organize event as part of National Youth Month celebration
1 hour -
Receiver fights High Court order to hand over No.1 Oxford Street Hotel to Cheddar’s company
2 hours -
Partey begins new chapter in Saudi Arabia with Al Shabab
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: St. Francis Xavier deny debutants Pentecost SHS one-eighth spot
2 hours -
One killed in sword attack at Swedish school
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tamale SHS sweep aside Kalpohin, Wenchi Methodist to reach one-eighth stage
3 hours -
Tupac murder accused told police in 2008 his nephew fired fatal shots
3 hours -
Heart of the Beast to Practical Magic 2: 10 of the best films to watch this September
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tears of relief as Labone SHS survive Notre Dame Sem. in thriller to secure one-eighth spot
3 hours -
Onga Tomato Mix unveils Diana Hamilton as Brand Ambassador
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Winneba Secondary School holds off Fijai SHS to reach one-eighth stage
4 hours -
KNUST assures staff, public over statute review process amid UTAG concerns
4 hours -
CLOGSAG Executive Secretary Dr Isaac Bampoe Addo passes on
4 hours -
Take post-flood disinfection seriously to prevent disease outbreaks – Environmental Health Officer backs Zoomlion
4 hours