Debate on the 2023 budget will begin today, Tuesday, November 29.
The Members of Parliament (MPs) are expected to express their views and suggestions on the policies announced in the budget.
This is after a two-day post budget workshop organised in Ho for the MPs.
The Finance Minister, Mr Ken Ofori-Atta on Thursday, November 24, presented the 2023 budget statement.
Notable amongst the policies are the Electronic Transfer Levy rate which is to be reduced to 1 percent, and the Value Added Tax rate to be increased from 12.5 percent to 15 percent.
Also included is the benchmark discount policy which is to be fully phased out in 2023 and an additional income tax bracket of 35 percent to be introduced.
These have been met with opposition as industry players lament the impact it will have on their businesses and livelihoods.
However, the government has said it intends to use the 2023 budget to focus on strategies to restore and stabilise the macroeconomy, build resilience, and promote inclusive growth and value creation.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: Waakye kills 5 including pregnant woman
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- KNUST findings cite reduction in green areas for increased flooding in Kumasi
- Develop a positive attitude – Apostle Nyamekye advises Ghanaians
- The Spanish town powered by waves
- GES commiserates with bereaved families of 8 drowned pupils
- Black Sherif bags 5 nominations from Soundcity MVP Awards
- 47th SWAG Awards gala set for Saturday, January 28
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- No amount of petitions and press conferences can reverse NDC’s new parliamentary leadership – Ras Mubarak
- Climate change reporting shouldn’t always be about doom – Lecturer
- A sex scene with Jim Iyke almost got me expelled from university – Actress
- BBC News presenter gets emotional in last ever sign-off
- Kenyan court convicts Venezuelan diploma of murder
- Is Iñaki Williams favourite to win LaLiga African MVP award?
- Woman arrested for enrolling as high school student
- Ukraine declares war on its other enemy, corruption