Audio By Carbonatix
Deputy Minister for Roads and Highways, Alhassan Suhuyini, has apologised to drivers and passengers who have suffered long hours of traffic on the Ofankor-Pokuase-Nsawam road due to its poor state.
Speaking before the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) in Parliament, the Deputy Minister admitted that the 33.4-kilometre stretch had become a major problem but assured that work was back on track.
“I have my Minister's permission to first of all apologise to all motorists on that stretch. It’s one of the hot potatoes that we inherited at the Ministry. By the time we got to the Ministry, the contractor, like many other contractors across the country, had already abandoned site due to non-payment,” Mr Suhuyini explained.
He said the Ministry had been working closely with the Finance Minister to ensure funds were released, and that the contractor had now returned to the site.
“Fortunately, as we speak, the contractor has received some payment and has now adequately mobilised back to site. It is our hope that before the end of this year, some significant improvement would have been noticed on that road. We are very confident that it will now be within schedule,” he added.
Latest Stories
-
Africa to maintain steady growth over next three years – Bridgewater Advisors
38 minutes -
Queiroz unavailable as Desmond Offei to lead Black Stars against Mexico
42 minutes -
2026 Legacy Expo to reposition Africa’s beauty and wellness economy
54 minutes -
TDC, GIADEC and ARISE IIP establish special-purpose company to drive Tema Industrial Park project
1 hour -
Ablakwa clarifies South Africa evacuation reports, assures support for all Ghanaians
1 hour -
Today’s Front pages: Friday, May 22, 2026
1 hour -
Africa urged to overhaul climate finance rules and regulations to unlock investment
2 hours -
Joy Prime to broadcast Mexico vs Ghana friendly match on Saturday, 23rd May at 2am
2 hours -
PNC National Chairman calls for arrest of NPP Youth Organiser
3 hours -
Joana Gyan Foundation partners KN Foundation, GFA & PFAG for historic Nsawam Prison outreach
3 hours -
Chief urges youth to see farming as dignified business, not punishment
3 hours -
Majority Leader says Ghana is experiencing ‘fastest economic recovery’
3 hours -
Anlo-Afiadenyigba SHS appeals for constant water supply, security
3 hours -
‘Stability, credibility and predictability are Ghana’s competitive advantage’ – Ambassador Victor Smith
3 hours -
NAIMOS arrests Chinese national, 7 Ghanaians in Ashanti Illegal Mining crackdown
3 hours