After suffering relegation to Zone 3 of Ghana’s Division One League last season, Liberty Professionals and Inter Allies were expected to be the front-runners for an immediate return to the Ghana Premier League.
However, life in the second-tier has not been a piece of cake for them, as was expected – especially Inter Allies.
The Tema-based club, at the end of the first round of games in the Division One League, find themselves in the second half of the table.
Inter Allies won just four of their first 15 games, losing five and drawing six, leaving them in the 11th position.
Liberty, on the other hand, have put behind them a poor start to the campaign and currently lie in third, winning eight of their 15 games.
The Scientific Soccer Lads are just a point behind the leaders and with 15 games still to play, could they take the opportunity to give their GPL return a shot in the leg?
Former Ghana Premier League side Tema Youth are also looking to return after narrowly missing out last season, but they have to work harder to go top of the table, which is currently occupied by Kotoku Royals with 30 points.
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- US singer Jake Flint dies hours after wedding
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Government frustrated over Organised Labour’s rejection of 18% salary increment
- Qatar 2022: I am playing to the instructions of the head coach – Thomas Partey
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Petrol tanker accident: Residents scramble for fuel
- ‘Squid Game’ actor indicted over indecent assault charges
- We’ve not imposed levies on luxury vehicles -GRA
- Don’t pass expenditure lines in 2023 Budget – Tax Justice to Parliament
- NHIS to provide funding support for children with kidney disease – Bawumia
- Australia parliament rape retrial abandoned
- Kudus Mohammed: The heart of a Black Star
- Keta Investment Promotion Center lauds farmers for immense contribution to economy
- Harriette Amissah-Arthur is Female Energy Personality of the Year
- Let’s manufacture Dialysate in Ghana to bring down dialysis cost – Bawumia
- GSE, Young Investors Network organise Capital Market Quiz for 2nd cycle schools
- Manhyia hospital nurses embark on indefinite strike action over NSS director’s abuse
- Livestream: 38th National Farmers’ Day celebration in Koforidua
- Asase Gyefo organic fertiliser to the rescue amid inorganic fertlisers’ record-high global prices
- Netherlands reaffirms commitment to transform Ghana’s economy to be more ‘GrEEner’ and circular