The Chief Executive of the National Petroleum Authority (NPA), Dr Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, has for the second time emerged as the ‘Public Sector Chief Executive Officer’ for the year 2022 at the Ghana Business Awards held at the plush Kempinski Hotel in Accra.
It will be recalled that the NPA Boss was adjudged same award for the year 2021 for his Sterling Leadership, Achievement, Business Excellence and Professionalism at the Ghana CEO Excellence awards held earlier part of this year.
The ceremony which sought to celebrate the achievements of individuals and companies who have distinguished themselves in the sector in the year under review also saw the NPA receiving excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility of the year.
Organised by Globe Productions Limited, the award ceremony has since its inception in 2018 rewarded excellence and standards in the business sector.
This year’s awards had Charles Abani, Resident Coordinator of United Nations and the Spanish Ambassador to Ghana, His Excellency Javier Gutierrez attending as guest of honour.
Speaking at the awards ceremony, the CEO of Globe Productions, Latif Abubakar, said the winners were selected by an independent advisory board who evaluated the awardees based on criteria listed for each category.
He explained that the benchmarks for shortlisted winners performance were based on some key performance indicators (KPIs) in the standards of excellence.
Many petroleum downstream watchers believe Dr Abdul-Hamid has since his appointment as the Chief Executive of NPA taken bold steps which has sanitized the downstream petroleum industry by enforcing the industry regulations for a level playing field.
This assertion was affirmed by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Petrosol Ghana Limited, Michael Bozumbil in a recent interview.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group